Nos or Turbo

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
NOS or Turbo on a 2 stroke engine, which would you go with and why?

I have NOS on my sled, I dont need any special fuel and its simple and I dont excessive fuel to have some extra fun. Its a quick simple mod that gives you good bang for your buck.

I have seen a few Turbo's on the weekend on Skidoo's the one guy says they suck fuel, like 3 cans fuel in one day, and thats 110 octane. He says stick with the nos unless you have alot of money and dont mind carrying up alot of fuel with you.

RON

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tell Me More

I Want To Hear More About This Topic, As I Have Been Thinking About A Turdo More And More.

• Admin

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I gave that guy a card for snowandmud and hopefully he comes on and responds to this thread. I was really steering towards a turbo for a summer project but after hearing some of the recent comments I have came accoss lately I may have second thoughts. And may just run the Nos, besides I am figuring out how to use better and when to use it, and I am getting past those spots I would have never made it before.

RON

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Riding a Turbo

I had a chance to ride my buddy's 03 RX1 Turbo, and its a whole different beast than a regular machine. A totally different ride, and something that a guy would have to get used to. Might be worth a test ride if you can arrange one, to see if you like that style of riding. IMO, NOS gives you the juice when you want it, where as with a turbo you will always have to manage the extra power. May be a little hairy at times playing in the trees.

:cool: Tekim

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Turbo or no turbo

Ron myself would stick to the NOS just because 2 strokes and turbos are not the most reliable or longlife option. Turbocharging add air underpressure so with more air more fuel is needed. Now where do you haul all that gas. Also with more horsepower comes morre heat and stress on engine parts such as pistons,cranks and down the line drivetrain parts such as Chains and chaincases etc. You know how you changed your trucks tranny and then you had other issues the same could be with turbo your 800. 4 strokes on the otherhand love turbos that is why the Yammies work so well the motors can handle the extra stresses better. My thing would be to stick with the NOS and maybe some cylinder mods or pipes (did I say pipes:nono: ) or just work on your riding style or workout more so you can handle your sled better (this from a fat little guy:eek: ). Just my thoughts

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I' ve read that the more boost you run the higher octane you need. I guess the..... you gotta pay to play really comes into effect with turbos. From what I've read about the new Boondocker NOS systems for EFI's; they supply the NOS automatically according to engine load. No button to push anymore, just ride and the extra power comes on and off as you need it. SWEET!!:D

HardcoreRMK

Reaction score
Turbo for me because you can run pump gas @ 5lbs of boost and you will feel a big diference from stock also you could just turn down the boost if you want to anytime.so when you're going to the spot have it low and when you're there turn it up...nos is not as good because you can't use it for long like a turbo...and now a days they are reliable @ only 5lbs of boost.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice find LOL. Everyone who posted in the thread originally has big turbo yammys or turbo 2 strokes.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

dbar7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how much does it run you to put nos in a sled? and how long does a bottle last?

Treedragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode with two pros with high compression heads(13:1) and NOS, Both worked well until the bottle ran low. I've had my boosted dragon for 3 years boosted at 12 psi on straight AV gas with no issues other than minor ones. Last year i switched to a high comp head(13:1) and dialed it back to 10 psi had wicked bottom end and pulls hard. I'd say if you have the install bang on for a turbo and fueling is dialed in turbo's the way to go as you never run out of boost! And two stokes even stock don't last long, and i strongly think that the turbo saved my dragon!

Top Bottom