North West of Grand Cache "Kawka"

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for any information with respects to this area, if it is even worth the trip or take the hit and continue on to Valemount and area. Thanks in advance.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for any information with respects to this area, if it is even worth the trip or take the hit and continue on to Valemount and area. Thanks in advance.
if you are travelling from Edmonton, Valemount would be way closer. you would have to take highway 40 west of Hinton northbound to 3 km south of Grande Prairie, then head onto the Two Lakes road and travel a hundred miles southwest on that to get to the staging area. it would be dark when you get there.

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I worked in this area and rode Kakwa quite a few times during the few years I lived in GP. From Edmonton it will probably take you 6 hours or more to get to the staging area. And as Teeroy said its like 170 kms down the Two Lakes road so and thats about 110kms of gravel. You are a long way from anything when you get back there. Honestly i would say its not even worth it to try and go out there unless you have someone to bunk with out there.

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I worked in this area and rode Kakwa quite a few times during the few years I lived in GP. From Edmonton it will probably take you 6 hours or more to get to the staging area. And as Teeroy said its like 170 kms down the Two Lakes road so and thats about 110kms of gravel. You are a long way from anything when you get back there. Honestly i would say its not even worth it to try and go out there unless you have someone to bunk with out there.
I wouldn't bother due to sheer distance and you need a good person to show you around or you miss the good riding, ill be up around New Years and could guide you for sure just pm me then

Top Bottom