nordegg/saskcrossing area

poorboy

Reaction score
looking for family friendly area to camp and quad any good sites or places to go would be great thanks

T-GUY1978

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya even check out the big horn dam area near nordegg lots of places to camp and miles and miles of trails

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Hey guys ... any of these places good for novice riders on dirt bikes? We quad but our daughter and her friend have 125s. Look like nice areas though.

zrtdarryl

Reaction score
nordegg summers lake havasu winters <retirement p
if the girls are rookies i would strongly recommend shunda creek campground if you want a campground
if you want to random camp i would go further west then the damn area to kootney plains on the south side of the hiway there is more open areas and way less riders of all types of quads and bikes than the damn
at shunda creek you can go up to the firetower or east and west off of the firetower road onto cutlines that you can ride before mid june though there is a good chance that the area cutlines by shunda especially in the trees will still have snow

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Hey guys ... any of these places good for novice riders on dirt bikes? We quad but our daughter and her friend have 125s. Look like nice areas though.

I don't recommend Shunda area for dirt bikes, better suited for quads, it is a fantastic quadding area and the campground is great. For the dirt bikes I would go to the Bighorn Dam area. Hard pack trails for the most part as long as you stay on the main trails. They can also practice riding in the large open area's that people camp at. Don't take them north of the highway 4x4 quad only.

Top Bottom