noob ??

scoobienorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok this is gonna sound bad , and i feel stupid for asking it, but here it goes anyway, what is that water proof material called that sledders put over air vents and air boxed and where do i find it?

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Frogskins? I dont know the name of the material though, but I have seen them at all the dealerships

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep...Frogskin....I think Echo cycle has it or most any other sled shop shouold have it as well....

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
fabric land has water res nylon... 3x3 meters was like 15 bucks...

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pre-filter material, jut some thin Nylon.

Forgskinz is a good brand but doesn't old up all that great, didn't take long for the stuff to rip in the trees, and especially for the price. If I buy anything again it will have petscreen material on the outside or something similar.

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok this is gonna sound bad , and i feel stupid for asking it, but here it goes anyway, what is that water proof material called that sledders put over air vents and air boxed and where do i find it?

powder snow pre filter, you can buy different size sheets. its from slp.
you can get it from rec supply in saskatoon. 1-306-664-3560.
18"x18" part # sta14-253 $46.00
16x24 #sta14-289 $51.00
16x60 sta14-308 $192.00

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We got some dog screen at a glass shop.....they just gave us a roll free!! We have had enough to make 4 sets of side vents, 3 sets of hood screen vents, plus we still have some left!!

It's awesome stuff, my hubby makes sidevents and we have ran them for 2 seasons. We haven't had anything poke them, they stand up awesome to the heat from the cans, and they look good too. In fact earlier this winter on our first ride out, my hubby hit a rock and destroyed his side vent, the aluminum was mangled but the dog screen was still intact.....it just pulled away from the rivets holding onto the aluminum!! We were amazed.

We also put them on the upper hood vent on our M's this year, keeps the snow out of the clutches and lets all the hot air out. This material is tougher than the frogskin vent kits that we have on the front vents.....

scoobienorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was actually thinking about putting the material over my air box intake on my rhino, i dont want to snorkel it just to loud and ugly, but want a little extra protection in case i go to deep, i am planning on opening up my airbox a little but keep the water out

Top Bottom