Non PAL required weapons

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
RCMP searching for 3 men after early morning robberies near Wabamun - Edmonton - CBC News

Why in the "description" of the suspects is there no mention of possible race?...clearly 2 of them are not Caucasian.

And on the subject of the pictures....how, in this day and age where CELL PHONES take HD pictures, are surveillance camera stills so crappy?

One Black, One pale whitey and 2 white girls at my place, but I figure there were 6 of them total because there were 4 guys - the 2 I saw and then 2 others at the gas station who I did not see (the black guy on the gas station footage is the one who sprayed me) but the white guy is nowhere to be seen nor are the 2 females. Same truck, same black guy but different accomplices - it was a 10"+ lifted & blacked out crew cab truck, from what I can recollect no badging or chrome....just black....

Im curious if they aren't the same ones that shadow got previously in your garage

Could be but I doubt it, they weren't after the garage, they were rooting through the vehicles.

intmid8or!

Problem Child
Reaction score
Mohamed on Jun 07, 2016 at 09:49 pm said:
Sounds like a bunch of misfits on crack!
When their caught, I’m sure they will get house arrest or some kind of sweat lodge or healing ceremony.
They will use the old fetal alcohol Syndrome when they were kids and abuse .

Just saying……

• crime-spree-west-of-edmonton
    Ian on Jun 08, 2016 at 10:17 pm said:
    It is “they’re” (they are) instead of “their” (possessive).
    You’re (you are) welcome.
    Jus say’n…………

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I somewhat agree, the issue is I don't have my PAL nor do I own a gun and the biggest thing I learned was you need to have a plan worked out.....I didn't. I was expecting them to run, typically that is what happens "**** I'm caught, I'm out of here" These guys were different after they laid me out they went on to rob a gas station at gum point and bear spray the victims while lying on the floor - a different breed of criminal than your garden variety opportunistic thieves. next time I want to be ready to fight back.
What cal. gum would that be? can i shoot it with a double bubble? K I will stop now.

szprod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would be careful about even a paintball gun, if you shoot the guy and he goes blind or falls and hurts himself you will be in some serious sh1t and to be honest it is not worth getting a criminal record. Once you have been charged you give up a lot in your life like travel to many countries, jobs, some hobbies like owning an actual gun etc. It’s not worth the risk unless you are pinned down and he is choking you to death and it is your utmost last resort. Even if you pepper spray the guy, any health affects afterwards his lawyer will be calling and you will be on the hook. It is fun though to dream about a justice system that would allow us to beat the sh1t out of them.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe I missed it, but which cameras did you go with?

broke'n'nuts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Definitely a shi#$y situation. I think some people fail to realize that these clowns are always armed in some way. They know they get spotted someone is coming for them. Wether it be bear spray, knife,club or worst case a gun. I've been lucky and haven't had this problem, but friends have. Every one caught was armed in some way. When confronting these clowns they are survivalist enough to know it won't go well. I wouldn't go after one without something. The bigger the better. I'd rather go to jail for protecting my family/hard earned property than be stabbed by some lowlife. Problem with police is they are reactive, by the time they get there it's to late. Keeping your head down just let's them get away with it. I think it's a sad state of affairs when we can't defend our property. And when these guys get caught. They are back out in a month. RC'S try to do there part but I think the justice system let's us down. Just my 02

turbo392

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tazers are prohibited weapons but you can build one for $2 worth of parts. Not that it would be real effective against bear spray.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I bought this set up based on the reviews and the price, there are definitely better out there but my research tells me that this is the best set up for under $1000. Installation looks easy peasy, running the wires will be the only real PITA..... I do need to get my wireless network fixed and running properly then I will run a data cable to the garage and tap in for online surveillance, but the DVR recording is the most important feature for me.

I look forward to hearing your reviews of this system. I will be doing the same thing when we move to an acreage

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I bought this set up based on the reviews and the price, there are definitely better out there but my research tells me that this is the best set up for under $1000. Installation looks easy peasy, running the wires will be the only real PITA..... I do need to get my wireless network fixed and running properly then I will run a data cable to the garage and tap in for online surveillance, but the DVR recording is the most important feature for me.
I've dealt with BNC cables and cameras before if you need a hand you know how to get ahold of me. Same goes for your wireless network

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would be careful about even a paintball gun, if you shoot the guy and he goes blind or falls and hurts himself you will be in some serious sh1t and to be honest it is not worth getting a criminal record. Once you have been charged you give up a lot in your life like travel to many countries, jobs, some hobbies like owning an actual gun etc. It’s not worth the risk unless you are pinned down and he is choking you to death and it is your utmost last resort. Even if you pepper spray the guy, any health affects afterwards his lawyer will be calling and you will be on the hook. It is fun though to dream about a justice system that would allow us to beat the sh1t out of them.
Boooooooooo! A flash bang works awesome, don't let them see you and really officer he fell down like 10 story's of stairs....yah it was stairs.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Both my house cameras have night vision too. Works great It's not green it's kinda greyish. I can watch my house through my cell phone

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just remember with cameras set up to protect you they can also be your undoing. I'm far to close to Wabamum not to worry about this and live in rural setting. The wife has very specific instruction. Unfortunitely for it to be acted on it has become a backed in a corner situation.

Two sides of a story creates doubt, be sure the only story is yours.

Good on you for stepping up. (I need my knuckle bump emoticon here)

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Definitely a shi#$y situation. I think some people fail to realize that these clowns are always armed in some way. They know they get spotted someone is coming for them. Wether it be bear spray, knife,club or worst case a gun. I've been lucky and haven't had this problem, but friends have. Every one caught was armed in some way. When confronting these clowns they are survivalist enough to know it won't go well. I wouldn't go after one without something. The bigger the better. I'd rather go to jail for protecting my family/hard earned property than be stabbed by some lowlife. Problem with police is they are reactive, by the time they get there it's to late. Keeping your head down just let's them get away with it. I think it's a sad state of affairs when we can't defend our property. And when these guys get caught. They are back out in a month. RC'S try to do there part but I think the justice system let's us down. Just my 02

guy in red deer had his truck stolen! found it parked at shopping center, police caught the thief, guy had pepper spray and a huge knife, would have been ugly in a hurry if cornered.

be careful, not much is worth dying for.

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A siren that will wake the neighbors 2 kms away that is on a motion sensor or a panic button activated system.

I still prefer a remington security system its portable

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Both my house cameras have night vision too. Works great It's not green it's kinda greyish. I can watch my house through my cell phone

so you are sitting in the bush, full camo on, watching your house on a cell phone? I seem to remember this happening somewhere else????? creepy
icon10.gif

broke'n'nuts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Something else to think about is making sure your significant other is up to snuff on your home defense remedy, whatever it may be. I work away from home every so often which is why I have large dogs. I find them to be one of the best deterrents. Having bear spray, paintball gun for you is great, but if your not around then what. Make sure they are competent and comfortable using whatever it is. 12 gauge is a little big, youth or tactical 20 gauge with buckshot is the trick for mama. Just racking that slide should have em running. Big enough to pack a punch, small enough she's not scared of it

Top Bottom