Non Mountain Riding Helmet advise.

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As per title,I am in need of upgrading my helmet and don't have a clue as to what to get.I'm using an older Skidoo fullface now with a breath deflector.I wear goggles
with this helmet as well.I ride fields and trail's mostly in the -10 to -25 c range.
As you all know tinted goggles are a must have on even partially sunny days,but I fog up instantly when I stop.
Feedback on modular and similar fullface helmet's please.I just want to be warm and fog free in -20 ish dergee weather.
Who wear's what for trail riding and why please.
Thank you for any and all that reply.

intmid8or!

Problem Child
Reaction score
nmfh the way to go
xlarge.jpg

Kaz Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are talking upgrade, go with a helmet with a defrost/electrified visor. When I live there, it was the only guaranteed way of not having my visor fog up, and I learned to live with the cord, which was not hard. I liked a modular, easier to put on.
As per title,I am in need of upgrading my helmet and don't have a clue as to what to get.I'm using an older Skidoo fullface now with a breath deflector.I wear goggles with this helmet as well.I ride fields and trail's mostly in the -10 to -25 c range.
As you all know tinted goggles are a must have on even partially sunny days,but I fog up instantly when I stop.
Feedback on modular and similar fullface helmet's please.I just want to be warm and fog free in -20 ish dergee weather.
Who wear's what for trail riding and why please.
Thank you for any and all that reply.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Full face quality moto helmet (mine is Fox)with balaclava and quality (mine are Spy) ski goggles. I have zero fogging issues.

If you have a ten dollar head the wear a ten dollar helmet. If not, get out your wallet!

If you're not going to do it up properly, wear a touque.

Cheers!

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really the only question is modular vs SkiDoo. If you go with a modular I recommend the CKX over the HJC IS-max, I'm not very happy with my IS-max.

Gader69

Reaction score
I have a 7 yr. old Ski-Doo original Modular and love it for the very cold days, never fogs, don't even run heated visor with it but I really only wear it below -20C with a Klim balaclava.Warmer than that have a 'Doo snocross helmet, again with Klim balaclava underneath except on the real warm days, Scott Turboflow goggles with quickstrap and rose tint lens, good setup for both dull days and bright sunny ones.These gogs have a snap on breath deflector as well, helps protect your nose from frostbite.This combination never fogs.One thing I like about the 'Doo modular is the flipdown sun shade, works great on bright days.Buddy bought a aftermarket modular, think it was a CKX or something, bragged how much cheaper it was than the Doo then when he busted his shield and couldn't get a replacement realized it wasn't so cheap lol. I tried his once, nose piece fit like crap, the Doo nose piece also has a disposable filter ya chuck out after every ride that absorbs the moisture from your breath.Not sure what the newest Doo modulars are like, haven't heard a lot of good about the BV2S, but if I had to have just one brain bucket it would be a good brand name modular of some kind.Hope this helps!

Catman13

Reaction score
Bought a BRP modular for myself,then son wanted one. He used it for one year, then went back to motocross helmet and goggles. I thought I would try the motocross. Used it for one day in the mountains and went back to the BRP modular. I now have two modulars and my son has two motocross. I find the peripheral vision is better in the modular and like the slide down sun visor. The only down side I find is the limited breathing from the mouth piece.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
590 helmet with sinisters, a windriver balaclava that's shaped to my nose and breath holes and face area is windproof. and a respro foggy breath box.

Never froze my face.

It's very claustrophobic but works.

My dad has a gmax gm68 electric modular and loves it. Think it was quite cheap.

Top Bottom