Non Estart Etec Problem

sar

Reaction score
New 2012 Freeride 137 has a hesitation when the thumb warmers are on. It does not have electric start. Spent a couple of days now experimenting to make sure. Any suggestions or others with this issue? Anybody with electric start have this issue? Oh... and yes the sled is out of breakin with the reflash and has over 1000 kms on it.

Barker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
People have been having problems like that if the hand Warner's and high beam on at the same time causes an over voltage or some times the switches on hand Warner's and head lights get stuck half way which causes both high and low on at the same time which causes an over voltage.

sar

Reaction score
People have been having problems like that if the hand Warner's and high beam on at the same time causes an over voltage or some times the switches on hand Warner's and head lights get stuck half way which causes both high and low on at the same time which causes an over voltage.

Thanks but I have already experimented with all of that. Headlights were on low beam and the hand/thumb warmers on low as well. It seems solely related to the hand warmers. I did have the hi/lo switch stuck in between awhile back and have a rubber band on it now to make sure it stays in place.

Barker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well your Warmers could be shorting them self or the switch cause excessive draw?

sar

Reaction score
Well your Warmers could be shorting them self or the switch cause excessive draw?

Will have the dealer check it out since it is still under warranty. Wondering if this is a generic problem that everyone is having with the same fix. Would be nice if I could figure it out myself since it may be weeks before I can get in to see the dealer.

Last edited:

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will have the dealer check it out since it is still under warranty. Wondering if this is a generic problem that everyone is having with the same fix. Would be nice if I could figure it out myself since it may be weeks before I can get in to see the dealer.

now that you mention this I may have noticed it as well. I usualy have warmers on low and I swear the left wasnt workiong so I put to high still not too good but did notice a few small hesitations.....nothing major and hard to tell as the warmer switch is a;lways packed with snow and seems to get turned off,, just like my higbeams always go on or get frozen/packed with snow as well.

maybe my highbeams are also an issue as they have cooked my tinet on top and this didnt happen on my 08

2012 freeride 154 no e start

hmmmmm

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a flash from your dealer to solve this issue. Call your dealer and he will fix you up. This repair takes about 10 minutes so you should be able to wait around to get it done.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a flash from your dealer to solve this issue. Call your dealer and he will fix you up. This repair takes about 10 minutes so you should be able to wait around to get it done.

great thanks, I will get it in there

will I cook anything if I ride it?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
great thanks, I will get it in there

will I cook anything if I ride it?

Nope. BRP views this as more of an inconvienance than anything. There have been no complaints from anyone that has had this flash done.

sar

Reaction score
Nope. BRP views this as more of an inconvienance than anything. There have been no complaints from anyone that has had this flash done.

There is another flash? I had my sled at the dealer on Feb 20th and had a reflash done then. Is this the flash you are talking about? I hope not because it didn't fix the problem.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is another flash? I had my sled at the dealer on Feb 20th and had a reflash done then. Is this the flash you are talking about? I hope not because it didn't fix the problem.

This is the flash to fix the over voltage problem. You need to tell your dealer that problem is not solved.Good luck!!

sar

Reaction score
This is the flash to fix the over voltage problem. You need to tell your dealer that problem is not solved.Good luck!!

Thanks. I'll talk to the dealer first thing Monday. Fingers crossed.

sar

Reaction score
I wonder if there is anybody out there with a non estart that is not experiencing any problems? Just curious. Most if not all around this area have electric start and they are not experiencing this issue. Would like to know if the problems are limited to a few sleds or all of them.

JTT800

Reaction score
I have a 2012 summit x with estart and I'm having the same issue. Sled was amazing for about the first 400 km. Then it lost all it's mid range power. Takes a few seconds to bring the Rpms up. Sucks for riding in the trees and meadows. It hardly has ski lift anymore. Once over 7300 ish it pulls hard but the top Rpms vary between 7900 and 7400.
I took it into the dealer after the problem started and they said the exhaust sensors where fine, raves valves were working correctly and it had no codes. They did an update and said to keep trying it. It has not gone away. I pulled the clutches off before the last trip and cleaned them. The arms in the primary were a little sticky, but it didnt help cleaning them.
The estart was installed by the dealer. Would it be hooked differently then a factory one? I might try unhooking the headlights next trip and see it it helps.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2012 freeride, no estart. I havent had any issues. Just went over the 600kms mark yesterday.

meatbag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Beach Corner-Just follow the tracks from the liquo
I have an 09 and a 12. The 12 takes a quick hard pull on the rope to start it, but lights up every time. Only issue I've ever had was my own fault. While carving tight in deeeeep snow i put it on it's side. I uprighted it and pulled the sled around to face downhill a bit to go again, unknowingly plugging the exhaust(machine was off). When I go to start it, the machine only barely runs. Took a few minutes to figure that one out, but when I cleared the pipe, she ripped again! Pretty minor.

Top Bottom