Non-compliance riders being Ticketed by COS

Blueriversledz-Digger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a continued battle for all snowmobile clubs of BC. to keep our snowmobile areas open for public recreation use. Please respect the boundary's of these riding areas and get the information and educate yourself on closure's to each specific area you ride.

Due to the high number of riders riding out of bounds and non-permitted riders in member only area's. COS are patrolling the Blue River area by ground and air, and are ticketing non-compliance riders.

Please do your part, educate yourself and support the local snowmobile clubs of BC. who fight to keep these area's open for you to enjoy.

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
AT the risk of sounding like an idiot what is this COS you speak of? Also where would I find info on said permitted riding areas. I was only aware of caribou closures and did not realize there was other out of bounds areas. I never knowingly ride out of bounds but i would prefer to not do it at all.

• Recommends
Reactions: RXN

Blueriversledz-Digger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
AT the risk of sounding like an idiot what is this COS you speak of? Also where would I find info on said permitted riding areas. I was only aware of caribou closures and did not realize there was other out of bounds areas. I never knowingly ride out of bounds but i would prefer to not do it at all.

Conservation Officer Service (COS).

Out of bounds typically means your in a caribou closure that surrounds many of snowmobile riding areas.

The info is available at most trail head booths or
BC Snowmobile Home Page

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lets play by the rules people or more areas are going to be closed

DDebert

Reaction score
non-permitted riders in member only area's..
Just curious as to which areas these "memder only" areas are?? And how can COS possibly be ticketing ppl who are riding in these member only areas?? i understand the cariboo colsures and respect them, also pay for my trail passes at the riding areas that have them.. but for those areas that arent groomed why cant the general public ride them?? Why are they labeled as "members only"???

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just curious as to which areas these "memder only" areas are?? And how can COS possibly be ticketing ppl who are riding in these member only areas?? i understand the cariboo colsures and respect them, also pay for my trail passes at the riding areas that have them.. but for those areas that arent groomed why cant the general public ride them?? Why are they labeled as "members only"???

Usually these member only areas are areas that were closed an have been gotten reopened under special management agreements. I believe to become a member alls you have to do is become a local club member.

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

When in doubt just pay to play in the area you visit. Simple, then you get maps and stuff to keep you from going into areas you are not supposed to be.

Valemount Skier

Reaction score

I don't know anything about "member only areas", but I do know that some of what you call "areas that aren't groomed" may actually be caribou or commercial tenure closures. Details of caribou closures are online at www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/snowmobile-closures/

Top Bottom