Noisy Yzf 450

Reaction score
have a 2010 yamaha yzf 450,, just started up after sittin,, makes a high pitch whiny sound ?, almost sqeelin sound? has all stock equipment,, wont go away? Any ideas?? sounds from inside engine?? HELP!!! My baby!!

Reaction score
no but definetly louder on clutgh side? ,, oil is clean no metal??,, or clutch material??,, opened up water pump too?? does any one no if impeller is suppose to b tight??,, or spin freely??

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Push the kick starter down slowly and you will be able to see if the water pump is gear driven or not.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take a peace of wood doweling or big screw drive or long socket extension and put it tight to your ear and use it to listen to your motor. It sounds dumb but it's crazy how and what you can here. This way you can pin point where your noise is coming from.

Zien19

Reaction score
I've owed a 06 and now a 10. They both had a whiny chip out of the engine. This was a yammie thing. But my noise changed with the clutch engaged or depressed in neutral. I was really concerned with it on the 06 and my dealer who I trust said not to worry. I ran it for 4 years without a major. Then sold it.

Reaction score
no his is unrideable!!!! sounds like engine is or crank is gone??,, its very loud!!! scary??

Top Bottom