No Sledding on the East side of Corbin Road?

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last year we staged at the yellow gates on Corbin Road and while we were gearing up a F&W officer came over and asked us where we were riding.
After we told her we were heading down the pipeline to Rolling Hills, she told us that sledding is not allowed on the east side of Corbin Road.
I've heard of people riding over from Inn on the Border and thought someone might want to clarify this with Fish & Wildlife since the FSA basic map shows a trail on that side. We have never even thought of riding on that side. I'm assuming that it's all the way south on the map I marked up but it might not be.

fsa-basic-map-closedarea.jpg

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
I think there is a small area near the yellow gates on the east side of the road that is some kind of reserve but other than that I have never heard such info. I know there are some mining exploration roads that are being used this summer that were closed from quadding but dont know abo0ut winter use. As far as down the flathead south from corbing it is off limits along the east side for mine property but that is well marked.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was interesting that she just pointed across the road from the gates. I know further south there are signs.
I think I'll phone around and see.

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always stage at the end of the road. Never knew anything about this stuff

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
There is an area around Wheeler Creek that is closed for mining exploration and that is off the road where the yellow gates are. As far as on the east side of the road, I have heard the parking lot in the old town site is now an employee parking lot. I have not heard where sledders will be able to park. The east side past the bridge out of the parking lot has been a night mare for Teck, the pailings pond areas, and that is closed and fenced this year. That was posted for the last two years and guys didn't listen, so Teck is doo-ing what they have to lessen their liability.

I have not heard of any further closures down in the Flathead.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sent an email to Fish and Wildlife and got a pretty crappy response that didn't address the area in question. So, no info from them.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sent an email to Fish and Wildlife and got a pretty crappy response that didn't address the area in question. So, no info from them.
I'd carry it with me if you ever get hassled. If they don't want us to help them with proper compliance then they need to get up to speed on this themselves.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
to the east of yellow gates would be tent mtn pass would it not be? I know tent is open on the alberta side and guys ride over it all the time I'm wonderinf what they are refdering to for the closure. I also didn't hear about the corbin parking lot that really sucks if it is true.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
to the east of yellow gates would be tent mtn pass would it not be? I know tent is open on the alberta side and guys ride over it all the time I'm wonderinf what they are refdering to for the closure. I also didn't hear about the corbin parking lot that really sucks if it is true.

Unfortunately this is the way of the world now for sledders. best way to keep them out is to remove access and staging areas. Fence the ponds and remove parking = problem of sledders trespassing solved. Can't blame Teck, we've been told hundreds of times. as FS mentioned, too many peeps won't listen and think the rules don't apply to them. Too bad a select group maintained the trail and did all the work here, another area lost. Hope they didn't fawk it up for the Inn on the Border (sorry forget the new name) folks. Too bad that now they will ride out of bounds somewhere else and fawk it up for another group......

Top Bottom