No Power in trailer off batteries

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys

So I have 2 6v batteries on my trailer. They are both reading in the green when I hook them up to a charger, so I assume they are still good. I have power when plugged in off the house, but nothing off the batteries.

Am I wiring this wrong? This is how I had it last year and it was ok. Or am I looking for a bad fuse? Any help would be great. It's on a Jayco.

Firefly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's hard to tell by the photo but here is the diagram I refer to. Hope it helps! :beer:

Attachments

• 2x6VoltinSeries.jpg
    2x6VoltinSeries.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 165

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check the fuses in the back of your power converter. Should be two 30 amp

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your wiring is correct.
The wiring from my batteries was terrible - hung down too far and ended up getting beat up from gravel and corroded.

If it's not your fuses or the wiring, check your master switch also. Friend of mine just had to replace his.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like they are wired properly in series. As said check main fuse and then load test the batts.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your wiring is correct.
The wiring from my batteries was terrible - hung down too far and ended up getting beat up from gravel and corroded.

If it's not your fuses or the wiring, check your master switch also. Friend of mine just had to replace his.
that was the deal with mine, wife cleaned it and must have hit the master switch beside the panel. only had power when plugged into 110v....unplugged it to head out camping and no power....wtf

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check the fuses in the back of your power converter. Should be two 30 amp

Those went in my old trailer. Not many people know about them.

A bugger to change too

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the relay inside the converter that switches from 120v to 12v fail in mine once years ago. Can't help but think the new ones are probably more electronic these days though.

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got er figured guys. Was a blown 30a fuse on positive line off the battery. Hard to see that it was blown though. Thanks for the help guys!

Top Bottom