Nitrous question

tfitz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone my buddy aquired a wreaked 2007 Ski doo Rev 800 and it has a boondocker nitrous kit on it, he offered me the kit and I am curios if it will work on my 2008 800 Rev XP, any help or advice on this would be great

thanks

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
call boondocker?

but im going to say yes

btw...best mod ever on zx/rev

not sure i hear alot of people are bouncing off the rev limiter on the button on the xp

if u get it dialed in just below the limiter it will RIIIPPPPPPPPP

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I went for a rip yesterday here around Whitecourt and spend a complete bottle of NoS. I set my clickers so at WOT without NoS i was running around 7900 rpm's then I rode the thing like a rented Mule untill I was out of Nos.Once I was out of the fun stuff I changed my clickers back so I was revving back around 8150.
NoS in my opinion is not really worth it. It seems like you either have to clutch for it or without it. There is no happy medium. Better off with a big bore but it is fun wheeling by your buds at 50 mph :d

tfitz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah you now I have heard lots of people say they they don't think its worth it, but seeing as it is Cheap, and I 90% of my riding in the mountains, I figure if it will work then what the heck, Grip it and Rip it

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont know who said its not worth it....its amazing if its dialed in correctly

for racing and out in the flats with mountain clutching its absolutely useless.

but in a climb or with resistance on the track it works amazing

i have it on my 04 rev and 01 zx.....the o4 rev is almost scary to ride when the nitrous hooks up.

for mountain rideing its ideal. with stock clutching

you get as high as your buddy then get on the buttonand rocket past...nothing better

tohigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
got it on my xp, works great clutched with out nos, use it on long step pulls to keep rpm up, IT ROCKS:d

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It will work on your xp. The only difference is the mounting bracket and the length of the hose going from the bottle to the NOS solenoid.. I've installed lots of them. They will work fine on bog bores as i've installed a few of them on doo 860's and had no issues exceot one and he held the button for a longtime trying to beat a yammy in a drag race and he knew he caused it when he brought it in.. Other than that no issues.. Just have to get it set-up right.

tfitz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone thanks for the info, finished the install last night, It was actually a really simple install, took it for a little rip in a field, and it seems to rip pretty good, GOing to valemont this weekend so when I get back I will let you guys now how much I streched my arms:d:d:d

Oh and how much life I took off my liver :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::p

elephant rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a question; whats the bare bones set up for nos on my 03 summit$$$ & do I have to use race gas????

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
boondocker system for ur sled is 1100 with the $ being shty

u can find them used for like 500 if ur comfortable with the install

you dont HAVE to run race gas. but u can run a bigger HP shot if u mix aboput 75/25 or 50/50 and its alot safer for your engine to do soo. i wouldnt recommend doing it unless your prepared to run a gallon or 2 in your tank.

elephant rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
boondocker system for ur sled is 1100 with the $ being shty

u can find them used for like 500 if ur comfortable with the install

you dont HAVE to run race gas. but u can run a bigger HP shot if u mix aboput 75/25 or 50/50 and its alot safer for your engine to do soo. i wouldnt recommend doing it unless your prepared to run a gallon or 2 in your tank.

I'd be alot more comfortable just for that extra little bit to get as high as powderslut LOL!!! I mean I would'nt be on the button all the time... but it sounds like a good investment for 500 not sure what u mean by the install, is it ghetto!!?

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am surprised that some of you dont think its worth it,pretty cheap hp if you ask me and it took me a bit to get it set up but once its right its a blast.No tinkering just fill the bottle and go.I got a 40 hp shot in mine and only got 20hp out of my Pipe can and Y pipe for the same price!
I bet when you get back from Vale your glad you did it!
catmando!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have a used 40 shot kit for sale. Its currently on my xp but I'll pull it for $600. I'm getting rid of the XP and starting a turbo build for next year. PM if interested.

Lucky Dog!!!!!!!!!!!
Some day I want to say..........GOT BOOST!
catmando!

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I would agree with you Catman...if you understand the purpose of it...you use it when required...not all the time.
I am surprised that some of you dont think its worth it,pretty cheap hp if you ask me and it took me a bit to get it set up but once its right its a blast.No tinkering just fill the bottle and go.I got a 40 hp shot in mine and only got 20hp out of my Pipe can and Y pipe for the same price!
I bet when you get back from Vale your glad you did it!
catmando!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it usually mounts to the chaincase on the xp or in front of the can

not sure the battery might me able to stay

but get rid of the electric starrt lol

Top Bottom