Nissan Titan- Any Good?

Wylie262

Reaction score
Hey i was just lookin into the new titans and was wondering if anyone had one and how they like them?

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Hey i was just lookin into the new titans and was wondering if anyone had one and how they like them?

Plio7 has one...LOVES it, have to admit they are a very nice truck, powerful, comfortable and reliable....they look nice too.

Plio's is a 2007 I think.

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i hear they are not so good on gas.Do a google search and get some feedback there.That's what i did,i was thinking about buying and 05 Titan but decieded it wasn't the right choice

rondun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I almost got a 05 Titan, The guy in GP would not deal at all so I got a GM. My buddy got one in GP the trans went in 5000km then the engine went he had to tow it from Fort St John to GP after the engine was done he didn't make the border the engine went again now you can't say Titan near him. He could have had a bad one.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
well i dont know about the engine/tranny thing but i run an 07, know a guy with an 08, and a guy with an 06.......we all love them....i have had no problems what so ever, she runs like a dream, tons of power, comfortable ride, and even the base model comes with all the trinkets. tows my boat with my 1400lb camper on the back with no troubles 1500rpm up hill @ 110kms.

she's got no knocks, tics, hums, howls, and trust me i'm not easy on her. i think now i'm around 47000 miles, and she's yet to see the shop. the guy with the 06 has 170,000 and has only had it in for wear and tear issues. from what he's told me

phatboy07

Reaction score
I have an 08 Pro4x 4x4. Great truck. No issues. Lots of power, great for towing. Gas milage can be bad if you drive like a madman. Earlie years had rear diff issues but 07 plus seem to be unnaffected, 08 diffs are different intirely. Remodeled interior for 08 is a little nicer. Recommend the truck to anybody.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Love, love, love mine. Bad gas mileage...not much different than most trucks out there. I think it has to do with all that torque and Titan owners not being able to keep off the accelerator. It's a big problem of mine..:d

This summer we were travelling with friends of ours. He has a 27 foot trailer, we have a 24. He has a GM 3/4 ton diesel. We both got exactly the same distance out of a tank of gas. When I was at half, he was at half. When I need to fill, he needed to fill.

Neighbour and his son each bought one shortly after they checked mine out and that family is looking at yet another. All of ours have been trouble free.

Regarding the rear diffs, that was almost always with 2004's. In 2005 and up you need to put a hose on the axle vent and route it up higher. All Nissan dealers sell a cheap kit to do this. Basically an open fitting (no valve) with a rubber hose to go in behind the tail light. Keeps the dirt out. It's easy to do on your own. I think the newer models now have the vent done right. All it was is the vent valve getting dirty, plugging and causing pressure build up. Axle seals would leak. After 04 Nissan also went with a larger rear diff cover and started running 80w140 synthetic in the rears.

Make sure to get one with the tow package.

I have owned a few vehilces in my time but am sooo happy with the Titan it will be around for awhile. If I were to consider buying another vehicle it would be a Titan without a doubt.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know the specifics of a Titan (personally wouldn't be caught dead in one) but if you plan to do any real towing or hauling, you will want a heavier truck, you'll run into a lot of problems with them being to light.

They will tow ok, but it won't compare to the pulling power of a diesel. Just something to think about depending what you need the truck for. Once you tow with a diesel you will never go back :d

As far as the GM diesel getting the same MPG actually probably less i'm sure they have a bigger tank, something must of been wrong with the truck, or maybe it's because it's a GM a gasser will never get the same MPG towing as a diesel.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Your comparing apples to oranges...... will any 1/2 ton compare to a 3/4 or 1 ton diesel??????? not a chance....will the Titan compare with a F-150, silverado,Dodge 1500, or Tundra.....course it will because it's in the same class.... it is what it is a 1/2 ton truck which I personally have heard good things about. Every make and model has it's lemons but overall the Titan has it's supporters.

Nissan Titan Review | The Truth About Cars

I don't know the specifics of a Titan (personally wouldn't be caught dead in one) but if you plan to do any real towing or hauling, you will want a heavier truck, you'll run into a lot of problems with them being to light.

They will tow ok, but it won't compare to the pulling power of a diesel. Just something to think about depending what you need the truck for. Once you tow with a diesel you will never go back :d

As far as the GM diesel getting the same MPG actually probably less i'm sure they have a bigger tank, something must of been wrong with the truck, or maybe it's because it's a GM a gasser will never get the same MPG towing as a diesel.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love all this talk about bad mileage and not good for hauling I have a 2009 pro-4x with 30,000 km/s on it and have had absolutely no issues what so ever. As for mileage wise I get just over 600 km's on a tank of fuel and takes me just around $95.00 at 1.06 a litre to fill. The truck has great power all I have is a cold air intake and can beat the brand new toyota tundra with dual exhaust on it so the RATED POWER AT 315 HP IS QUITE UNDERRATED. and as for towing ya it's a half ton what do expect for towing yeah it will tow an enclosed trailer with sleds but will definately struggle on anything bigger but it really is a great truck a little upset with the 5'6'' box shoulda just went with a standard 6'0'' bed. On the other note I was talking to the mechanic at a nissan store he said out of all the trucks and suvs from nissan the titan has the fewest comebacks on engines or trannies you see more engine and tranny problems on the frontiers and the xterra but very rare on the titan.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
my mileage isnt too bad, i'm getting the average, probably 550km's to a tank but i run about 130km/hr so that doesnt help and like said before have a hard time not enjoying the torque. and also like said before....i have taken f150's, tundra's, dodges, and chevy's.........again....love the truck and will be a titan guy from here on out

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
oh and as for hauling.......suits my needs......once the bags are on to level her a bit.....but all the power in the world even at almost max payload

Attachments

• IMG_0982.jpg
    IMG_0982.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 48

Wylie262

Reaction score
thanks for everyones comments ive got a deal started on one now haha. very excited.

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good luck on the deal Wylie...

I realize that this is not gonna be a deciding factor in most peeps truck purchase but anyways...

I'm on my third Nissan suv, I keep getting a new one cuz I like them so much. Hubby has always had GM...one thing we really notice between them over the years is how well the Nissans take abuse and stay tight. They need far less maintenance for little things and although parts/repairs are a bit higher, you never seem to need it! They just keep going and going...my first Pathfinder is still going strong with hundreds of thousands of kms, my second one is close to 300,000 now, my dad has it for a spare vehicle and it's been absolutely perfect nothing has been done to it since new -regular maintence no major repairs ever and it still doesn't have any rattles or shakes. He was never an import guy, GM all the way, but after owning this suv for 5 years he's thinking differently. He's never had a vehicle require less work and repairs especially one that has that many kms.

Mine sees some rough roads and I don't baby it, but it doesn't have a rattle, shimmy, shake...nothing! Hubby's truck is a few years newer and is top of the line GM...sweet truck, nice ride but the little rattles and rubs and crap drive me crazy! I'll spend hours trying to find the source of a tiny squeek or something...zero tolerance for annoying sounds (unless of course, it's me :) )

So besides all the important stuff like power, towing, gas mileage etc...I like a non-rattly, tight truck!!!

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good luck on the deal Wylie...

I realize that this is not gonna be a deciding factor in most peeps truck purchase but anyways...

I'm on my third Nissan suv, I keep getting a new one cuz I like them so much. Hubby has always had GM...one thing we really notice between them over the years is how well the Nissans take abuse and stay tight. They need far less maintenance for little things and although parts/repairs are a bit higher, you never seem to need it! They just keep going and going...my first Pathfinder is still going strong with hundreds of thousands of kms, my second one is close to 300,000 now, my dad has it for a spare vehicle and it's been absolutely perfect nothing has been done to it since new -regular maintence no major repairs ever and it still doesn't have any rattles or shakes. He was never an import guy, GM all the way, but after owning this suv for 5 years he's thinking differently. He's never had a vehicle require less work and repairs especially one that has that many kms.

Mine sees some rough roads and I don't baby it, but it doesn't have a rattle, shimmy, shake...nothing! Hubby's truck is a few years newer and is top of the line GM...sweet truck, nice ride but the little rattles and rubs and crap drive me crazy! I'll spend hours trying to find the source of a tiny squeek or something...zero tolerance for annoying sounds (unless of course, it's me :) )

So besides all the important stuff like power, towing, gas mileage etc...I like a non-rattly, tight truck!!!

You bring up a good point that I never really tnhought about. My Titan too is tight as the day I bought it. No rattles, clicks, clunks at all.

drop the hammer

Reaction score
I work in oil and gas, and have run Chev's and fords my whole life until 2004. As usual in my industry i rack up serious KM's and some pretty miserable daily road conditions. Fords and chevs would be completely shot after 1.5 years and 120,000 km....nothing left...and that's usually after several ball joints and front end components too (normal maintenance items....or so I thought). I remember doing my brakes every 30,000 km's on the rear of my 2002 chev 3/4 tonne crew. Finally fed up with it all, in 2004 I tried a full sized Nissan Armada, I ran it for 4 years!! Still as tight as day one, NO REPAIRS, it had a brake recall in 2005, but haven't even changed brakes since!!! Thing is so awesome, gave it to wife now to haul the kids around. I bought a Titan this time as the SUV wasn't as good as a pickup for what i do. A 2008 Pro-4X, loaded, put on PRG| 2 inch mini lift and some decent tires, hasn't missed a beat, over 100,000Kms on the titan now and still NO issues, no even a ball joint. GM and ford has everyone believing we need to replace vehicles every 100,000km's...what a joke. I can verify that Nissan is awesome, the only downfall is they are only gas, no diesel YET. And only a half ton, but were supposed to have a 3/4 tonne out by now.

Also on my Armada I get 800 Km's on 100 liters (running tank right out) and I get about 725Km's per 100 liters on the Titan (it's geared a bit lower with the Pro-4X package). Not speeding at all though and driving quite gently, but i do run in 4x4 when needed. Also lots of mods for titans are on titantalk.com its like sled forums for titans...great stuff for summer modding in the sled off season. My old man is a Ford guy, he's got a new F150, pretty nice truck to me, very comfy in KingRanch, but he's at 30,000km's things are already going sideways for him, even his steering feels loose compared to my well used Nissan Armada.

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
being a shop owner and fixing these thing IMO i would not buy for these reasons 2009 titan alternator took 3 months to get from nissan ,2005 to 2008 transmission issues replaced lots , 2007 had in last week NO PARTS TO OVERHAUL REAR DIFF complete assembly only at 5500 for diff from dealer drove by scrap metal bin at dealer 23 trans in garbage 5 engines and 19 differential assemblies HMMMMMMMMMM not for me i would freak like my customer when i told him i could not get anything to repair his rear diff but a complete assembly from dealer that is my 2 cents

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interesting.....

I have spent considerable time on the Titan forums and have not come across any concerns with engines or transmissions. Would like to know more.

One must also keep in mind that ANY vehicle which is not looked after will eventually give you grief.

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One must also keep in mind that ANY vehicle which is not looked after will eventually give you grief.

this is greatly agreed with the manufacturer comes up with a maintenance program for a reason it is usually in glove box as a manual with regular a severe service intervals if these are followed by the dealer or your favourite aftermarket shop vehicles do last MUCH longer maintenance is key some people think it is over kill but the manufacturer has proven that their service intervals will give you the optimum life out of wearable components
two customers of mine are over 650,000 km on a 02 dodge and a 03 frod 6.0l diesel no and i mean no major work just regular maintenece ( no injectors in ford either still factory ones that came out in 03 i kepp trying to get him to change them but he wont i said that truck needs to go to a ford engineer some one screwed up on building it LOL )

Blair laursen

Reaction score
i had a 06 with a 8" lift 35" tires and loved it millage was better than my chevy 6 L thats for sure and way more power as well. never had any problems with it owned it from 19,000 miles to 49,000

Attachments

• 1234 003.jpg
    1234 003.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 56
Top Bottom