Nine quad deaths this spring

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heard on the news this morning on the way to work that there has been nine reported deaths this spring related to quad accidents!! I don't know about the rest of you but I was quite shocked to hear that there were that number of fatalities.

Billy Boy:cool:

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is 10s of thousands who own atv's in alberta. Goes to say there will be some accidents. Helmets people! Very sad that some have had no helmet on

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
12.7% of injuries are to the head, and a surpising 21.1 % to the lower extremities. Number one protective equipment should be a chest protector according to the stats. Thank goodness americans are keeping track of injuries and to what parts of the body. Also an age factor should be brought up, the bulk of these accidents are happening to children and young adults.

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Alcohol, driving at night, speed and plain stupidity. All three of us wear helmets, chest protectors, boots etc. I have had a couple of roll overs and never once had an injury. but machine never landed on my either, I managed to get out of the way. There are people out there who think they know everything. Macho ch!t and peer pressure don't help either in the guy world. I however think that the helmet law should pass, even if it is hard to enforce. We don't ride with people who don't at least wear a helmet and ride smart and safe. After all we are the ones who have to try to save you. Yes accidents happen, been there done that, but I am talking outright stupid stuff.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is an interesting fact, those with substance abuse had 40% of all head injuries, but had significantly fewer upper extremities injuries than non drinkers. Considering only 4% where found to have substance abuse, these numbers are interesting.

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And a perfect stat for anti atv activists to fight on. Not to mention the government can make some more dough when they introduce a completely pointless license to generate some more revenue. Then add to the that another round of fines for any violators operating without one. It will be just like boats soon, just give it time...

britt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes we could ban everything that could hurt or kill us but it is very sad when just about half of those deaths are young kids.

Britt

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In the last 10 years. The number of atv rides has increased and also has become a family event. Add more riders = more accidents. Add more vehicles on the road = more accidents.
I respond to way more accidents now than 20 years ago.

Top Bottom