Nice camp ground around calgary????

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking to head down to calgary to do some camping. I want to hit up the zoo and calaway park can anyone recomend a nice tenting site?

Ive googled a few and non of them seem nice (not very treed in). Any sugestions?? I dont want to drive super far but like 30 min out of calgary would be fine.

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought there was a campground right at calaway park??

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought there was a campground right at calaway park??

Ya but i want to camp and relax with visiting calaway park .....dont really want to be there straight for like 4 days

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I live in okotoks the camp ground here is on the river and is a nice place and only 20 minutes to calgary it always looks quite full though.

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Looking to head down to calgary to do some camping. I want to hit up the zoo and calaway park can anyone recomend a nice tenting site?

Ive googled a few and non of them seem nice (not very treed in). Any sugestions?? I dont want to drive super far but like 30 min out of calgary would be fine.

If you wana do Calaway for a few days then try going west.Closest would be sibbald lake I think.Its pretty nice Trees....stock pond for fishing......probley 35min to calaway park. about 1 hr to get right to the zoo from there. Lake Campground.htm
Hope this helps. was just out there last weekend. Hadnt been there since i was a kid.

Top Bottom