next generation of sledders

diggers

Reaction score
next generation of sledders?

i am trying to lose 170 lbs off my sled by getting my 3 boys off of my sled in on to their own. got an old 80 blizzard with 3/4 " 114" track. should i mod to make it mtn worthy or look at a different sled. looking for advice on what to get and still have fun without having to get unstuck allllllll the time and able to get off the trail:feedback:

K

Kennedy

i am trying to lose 170 lbs off my sled by getting my 3 boys off of my sled in on to their own. got an old 80 blizzard with 3/4 " 114" track. should i mod to make it mtn worthy or look at a different sled. looking for advice on what to get and still have fun without having to get unstuck allllllll the time and able to get off the trail:feedback:

I would look for a different sled. Sell that one and get a newer Summit. To mod that old sled will cost to much.

Attachments

• 4817.jpg
    4817.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 65

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A buddy of mine has an 01 or 02 136" polaris 500 or 550 that his 12 year old rides, with a 60-70 lb rider on it goes anywhere in the mountains, only stuck once or twice.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I ride an old Blizzard myself, and I'm wanting to move up, the problem is the costs involved in doing so. Its really hard to get into a newer sled, I mean at 22 years old I don't make a tonne of money, and needed to get a truck to haul what I have. So my question which relates to this thread is, what would you experienced riders recommend someone thats about 245 -260 lbs pick up to take into the mountains?

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
re: mountain sled for juniors

hi all. Diggers: I have a 12 year old son and 15 year old daughter and I've had them both up in the mountains(my son when he was 10) on a '98 yamaha 600 mountain max(136x2" track). My son was a little too light to do too much up in Renshaw, but he did okay..... my daughter was really getting into the highmarking, and she did great. Both kids ran out of energy by 2/3 the way through the long days we do up there, but they were happy to sit around the bottom and yap. They both started sledding at a young age on a '73 340tnt silver bullet and a '76 tnt 440e everest. We still have a '95 Polaris 488 fan cooled(electric start and reverse) indy trail deluxe(was a 2up seat, but switched to single seat) that they spent many years on, but we will be selling that sled very soon(see "for sale section").... an answer to your question, I believe the '80 Blizzard is a little too old and would be too expensive to mod to really get up into the mountains(you have to consider the reliability factor up there too), and the suspension is nowhere near any machine even in the '80's. good luck and happy sledding. My kids hound me constantly to head back to the hills, and now they want to take their snowboards up with us too!!

diggers

Reaction score
:p
look out mtns. today big smile on dad,s face and my son when we went for our maiden father son ride into the back forty of our property. got the blizzard running :) :) :) :) man am i glad that machine is light. with a foot and half of snow in the back he was getting stuck ever where the ground was uneven. what a way to learn when he has to get unstuck.
ps. still need to teach him sledding rules... like don't take off without your buddy behind you especially when dad runs out of gas :( can't wait to hide the fort trails. is there an age guide line for the trails?

Top Bottom