Newmans Sled Bed Trailers and SCH Trailers

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone delt with SCH Trailers? How are the Newman brand trailers, checked them and they look pretty good.

sledrs

Reaction score
I bought one this summer. So far I used it for the quads a half dozen times, pavement and gravel. Have no complaints at all. Great people to deal with, I picked it up on a holiday with no problems. Paid $2950 with all options and tax, front panels, 15'' aluminum wheels, he gave me the plug adapter, hooked it all to the truck and I was out of there in 1/2 hr. Said if I needed superclamps, $150 ea with trailer purchase. Top notch so far!

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I have no complaints with the people, only met Connie so far but she was very helpful and knew the product line very well. I was mostly asking about the trailers themselves.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Newmans sled bed for 5 years. It has been a decent trailer. But the frame cracks easy! Every year I have to tig weld the frame. So I said screw it and built a steel frame and bolted the deck on to it. But the trailer has alot of miles on it!

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Newmans sled bed for 5 years. It has been a decent trailer. But the frame cracks easy! Every year I have to tig weld the frame. So I said screw it and built a steel frame and bolted the deck on to it. But the trailer has alot of miles on it!

Where does it crack? and every year you have to weld it? Is it a tilt or regular deck trailer

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought the tandem axle 12+2 last year from SCH Trailers. It has no brakes??? I spent a lot of time trouble shooting the brakes and nothing, even hooked a battery straight to the wheels, still nothing. He said he would order new axles, it will be a year now soon, still no axle's. I keep bugging him and I have no question in my mind he will take care of it but......... still waiting......

3e2bcbcb.jpg

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought the tandem axle 12+2 last year from SCH Trailers. It has no brakes??? I spent a lot of time trouble shooting the brakes and nothing, even hooked a battery straight to the wheels, still nothing. He said he would order new axles, it will be a year now soon, still no axle's. I keep bugging him and I have no question in my mind he will take care of it but......... still waiting......

3e2bcbcb.jpg

What was that worth? Could you in a pinch put a third up the middle backwards?

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where does it crack? and every year you have to weld it? Is it a tilt or regular deck trailer

It's a single axle drive on drive off with fold down front for ramps. It cracks above the axle where the main frame is welded to the deck frame, and on the tongue is welded to the tip of the V of the deck. And when I cut it all apart I found lots of cracks under the plywood! Kind of scary when I think about it, cause I thought it looked floppy the last few times I used it. Another thing I didnt like was the axle was to far forward it was to light on the hitch. But I put probably put 100000km on the trailer!

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
5 and change. But you wouldn't need the extra axle. I got it because I haul a Dune buggy around as well, hence why I need the brakes.
I'm on the back clamp holes in this picture so both sleds can move up another 10". if you pulled the tracks out to each side you might be able to sneak another one on there backwards. Not sure how you would get it up there though.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a single axle drive on drive off with fold down front for ramps. It cracks above the axle where the main frame is welded to the deck frame, and on the tongue is welded to the tip of the V of the deck. And when I cut it all apart I found lots of cracks under the plywood! Kind of scary when I think about it, cause I thought it looked floppy the last few times I used it. Another thing I didnt like was the axle was to far forward it was to light on the hitch. But I put probably put 100000km on the trailer!

100000km, wow, that by itself is a testament to them being good as I dont think much aluminum trailers would stand up for that long, I dont even put that many km.s on my truck before swapping it. I'm getting the 11' tilt deck so was worried about the more pivot points and it taking abuse if the deck was to slam down repleatedly.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you put three on a sled trailer I seen this a few times. Drive the middle one on forward and then back the two out side ones on. Just make sure they have tarps or no windshields on the ones facing backward.

Moeman

Reaction score
100000km, wow, that by itself is a testament to them being good as I dont think much aluminum trailers would stand up for that long, I dont even put that many km.s on my truck before swapping it. I'm getting the 11' tilt deck so was worried about the more pivot points and it taking abuse if the deck was to slam down repleatedly.

What are you paying for the 11' tilt? Was looking for one myself.

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are you paying for the 11' tilt? Was looking for one myself.

Fawk off wanker you need 12+2 or the third one won't fit! Lol
I mean we could probably drag the doo but it would look funny and then you'd need to ride my spare.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought a 12' a few years back added a spare tire carrier to front and superglides so far so good. The single axle has no brakes and they are not a heavy duty built trailer and they are super to deal with.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What machine doesnt have reverse these days, plus dont have to worry about ramp.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What machine doesnt have reverse these days, plus dont have to worry about ramp.

I just seen guys trying to load sleds on an icy deck and it didn't look to fun. They would drive up and before they got it tilted or the other one on the sleds just slid off. They both got good points and bad points.

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just seen guys trying to load sleds on an icy deck and it didn't look to fun. They would drive up and before they got it tilted or the other one on the sleds just slid off. They both got good points and bad points.

Scew an old track down to the deck....problem solved.

Top Bottom