Newb's to Crowsnest...

DYSLEXIC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and to mountain sledding - Polarice recommends Atlas staging, so that's where me and a buddy are headed for our first run. My other two buddies familiar with the area can't make it. I've got avy training + beacons + probes and the whole kabootle as does my friend......plan to stick to the trail and close to the trail when venturing off (bunje rattler still not here....dammit!)....would also like to know where to pick up trail passes!

Cheers.

Last edited:

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
try and find someone,,, atlas has some big stuff...

I would say fernie be a good option coal creek to be exact or up the pipeline from corbin,, lots of tree's and easy to find stuff

stuff is moving and will be big... be cautious thats all and its dumping in fernie we had a deep pow day yesterday

its only 35 minutes west to pipeline staging area from Atlas turn off so pretty close

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and to mountain sledding - Polarice recommends Atlas staging, so that's where me and a buddy are headed for our first run. My other two buddies familiar with the area can't make it. I've got avy training + beacons + probes and the whole kabootle as does my friend......plan to stick to the trail and close to the trail when venturing off (bunje rattler still not here....dammit!)....would also like to know where to pick up trail passes!

Cheers.

Get trail passes at the Husky by the Subway in Blairmore. The east slopes are huge avy risk right now so please be very careful. Its tempting to pop some of the hills but there is not much holding them up right now and those eastern slopes only have a shale base, they slide big and right down to ground sometimes. Some good spots to play there, have fun and be safe.

DYSLEXIC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've heard about the pipeline in corbin as well. Any instructions on how to get there? We'll stay close in.

DYSLEXIC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, just got the email from Avalanche.ca

Another High Avalanche Bulletin Issued. 4th week in a row. Pulling the plug and playing it safe.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, just got the email from Avalanche.ca

Another High Avalanche Bulletin Issued. 4th week in a row. Pulling the plug and playing it safe.

Wise choice to stay home, hopefully others follow your example and we can make it through another weekend without a fatality. Atlas is your better bet for your first time out, corbin the trail can be very rough at times.

Top Bottom