newbie needing help

fredd

Reaction score
sorry im not new but forgot my stuff and started over. I need help with a issue im having on my farm with my water well. I had very good water and feb 12 2013 it went bad and sizmic blasted the day before. the water went very orange and hard. iv got srd and environment involved they have done many tests that none of are pointing away from EnCana the oil company. but srd and environment don't seem to have the balls to stand up and say that EnCana caused this. I have 5 kids one that's brand new. I also need a larger home and listed the farm for sale just before this took place but am having a difficult time selling until this gets resolved. we are drinking bottled water to stay on the safe side but have just gotten paper work from alberta health saying its drinkable. I feel that I deserve the water I spent extra money to drill deeper to have. I don't want to fight but am in a corner and don't know what else to do. I have a lot of paper work, including there before test and I had a chem test done a few years ago thru ab health and still have the results. the before and after test show a complete change in water. my well was only drilled in 2007. I possibly could use help going very public. im starting a list of other people that have had issues with these large oil companies and the public would be shocked at the crap going on. if u have a story post it below and I will watch for them.. I will also be take old fashioned mail at fred schwieger rr2 site 1 box 5 bluffton ab toc omo thank you

Last edited:

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good luck with that the alberta communist party took the land rights from us the oil companies now have more rights then you. guy in sundre had fracking on his property and turned his water and the stream on his property to orange solfer and the company was not responsible. they keep telling us that 1 litre of oil contaminates 1000 litres of water so what does 36000 litres of oil do. as long as we vote in a government that doesn't give a **** about the people of alberta and have there head up big oil companies ass we will have to buy our water from them. they contaminate our rivers and ground water and go about there business like nothing happened, then they will charge you 5.00 a gallon for water.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
:welcome: to the site.

I'm not in a position to comment on Alberta water use but I can tell you that if that was my land, I would also be concerned and asking questions. I don't even know where you would turn but I have faith in the members on this fantastic site and I know that they will chime in and provide information for you. Hope all goes well.

fredd

Reaction score
the damage that this is causing to my stuff is crazy. this is just a small sample shirt that was washed today the rest of the load is fine it seems to pick and chose for some crazy reason. the damage was done in one wash shirt 2.jpg

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you have filters at the inlet? We installed two inexpensive filters, particulate and carbon. An iron filter is another option but I can't tell you anything about those. Sounds like a raw deal though...sorry to hear about this.

fredd

Reaction score
ya iv always had a filter. and have checked into an iron and water softening system $$$$$. the iron removal system price greatly changes depending on which one of the three types of iron I have. not cool. the filter I have was a carbon filter but the iron plugs it every 3 days. so I was advised to go to just the particulate cheap filter. the carbon filter would get a orange slime covering the whole thing completely stopping the water. but maybe I should go back to that to slow the damage this is causeing. before feb 11 I could run 1 filter a year with no problems, now the cheap one don't make it a month.

fredd

Reaction score
the man that iv been dealing with for EnCana im told no longer works for EnCana. the new contact is sobhi and I can not seem to even talk to him. feels like im not important enough. in the meantime SRD has sent me an email basically saying that he agrees with me about EnCana damaging my water. I believe that with that I now have something to use in a lawsuit against EnCana. so I am looking for a good lawyer. not that I want to but if sobhi cant find the time to even say hi what is my options.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That seems like a tough row to hoe, suing Encana. Their pockets are deeper. Good luck with the land man.

fredd

Reaction score
so iv met with a third party from EnCana he supprised me at work a day before a planned meeting. I told him that I have (srd) on video pointing a figer at EnCana for this mess. still no results.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bad press is what these companies hate. Talk to the media, see if they are willing to air your story. Hell, send an email to David Suzuki. It takes resources to fight these corporations. You know you won't get any help from your government.

fredd

Reaction score
thanks I didn't think of david Suzuki. I already started with global trouble shooters, and Mla joe anglin, and Danielle smith. it seemed that EnCana didn't like that but still no results. we havnt gotten all this into the media yet still in the planning stages.

Last edited:

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is your well registered with Alberta Enviroment. Also who was the siesmic company there are rules and guidelines they are to follow on how close to wells they can work by. There is a complaint line that is very effective.
Alberta.ca > Environment and Sustainable Resource Development > > > Alberta Water Well Information Database. Check with your neibours more that 1 complaining is a greater force.

fredd

Reaction score
yes I did use that contact. and the srd man blair stone has agreed that encana has caused this. then I asked and he has no power to force encana to do something. so im going public for advice. I am now on twitter fredschwieger

Last edited:

fredd

Reaction score
yep press gets action. I have a meeting in red deer on tues aug 27. I may not be able to tell you much after this meeting I bet theres a hush order coming.

fredd

Reaction score
so iv had more meetings with EnCana. one of which they took our phones because they didn't want eny recordings made. but in the process we had no emergency contact with the baby sitter for 3.5 hours. its hard to believe the stress and crap you jump thru to get no place. todays meeting claims they are still 100% not responsible. its weired because SRD tends to agree with them and that's not what the evidence shows.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not quite sure why SRD would have anything to do with your water well as that is a Alberta Environment issue.
Any water on your place above ground or below is controlled by them.
If seismic tested your well before they completed work and work was done and well is damaged it shouldn't be much of a fight. IMO
FYI
You can not even sell water to oil company's but you can provide access.
The water is under AE control.
Just saying

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
time to get a lawyer involved, and don't worry about cost, encana will be paying, ask for water well tests, get your well tested if you haven't.

impulseturboguy

Reaction score
How old is the well if it more then 10 years old the casing could have started to rust and the blast was enough to nock the rust off the inside of it the well might need to be flushed out.
i work for a water well companey and could help you out if you want to try it out.

fredd

Reaction score
because of the seismic I was passed form environment to srd. I asked for a test, when they tested I wasn't there and was not properly informed of the test that was done and I signed off on the pretest. encanas crew used a redish colored bucket to check for iron in the post test of course by then to late. the well was drilled in 06 and a little while after I took a chemistry. but there saying that chemistry is to old. I did some digging and found some tastfull pics of kids taking a bath and so on. iv got a pic on jan 11 2013 and the issue started on fab 12 2013. of course now I have meny chemistry tests.they ran a camera down the well. the bottom portion is plastic lined and everything is in perfect condition. I have more then one pic which all show a pattern of the water, before and after the issue. srd stood in my kitchen and agreed with my claim against EnCana, and now he completely reverses when infront of EnCana. I phoned him early enough that he watched the progress of damage form the iron on the toilets and tubs he even mentioned it and then backed away from that to. im sure glade that I started soon recording the meetings. of course when everyone understood that,it changed more. the second last meeting we went to srd had all phones put on the table and shut off using the excuse that he wanted no interuptions and after a little time I showed them my voice recorder. nobody liked that so the phones and stuff were removed. but at the time I had 4 kids at home and the babysitter had only our cell numbers. and so the pattern progresses. I have a lawyer but was thinking this simple enough that we shouldn't need to use him lmao (oops ya not at all funny). tums and asprin have become a steady part of life. I went to environment and srd because im sure I will need a third party position that's not paid by either one of us. what a joke. I have some more evidence but have decided that EnCana wont get it. I will give it to my lawyer lack of trust becoming an issue.

Top Bottom