newbie from GP AB

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
new to the whole scene really, haven't ridden since 99 when I had a 670 summit, now I'm looking into an 04 1m900 159 and an 03 rmk 800 151. I am 6'2" 220-230lbs depending on the amount I'm in the gym;) Both machines will be used for mountain riding mostly with some playing around, mostly planning on getting a trail pass for kakwa and hassler area with some riding in blue river and valemount in the spring. Any info will help, have a few friends who ride and they think these sleds are both fitting for my plans, info on where to find condition reports, avalanche stats and warnings, where and what is required as far as trail passes etc will be greatly appreciated, also in the market for a sled of this type and age so classifieds in the grande prairie area would be a helper as well:d

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site

RmkJunky had a couple Polaris's for sale awhile back, he is also in GP, not sure if he sold them or still has them.

Last edited:

jimxp

Reaction score
you should be checking avalanche.ca, check the conditions on there, know the snow!

couchrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of great info here. Just serch around in the different forums and Im sure you can find what your looking for.
Welcome to Snow and Mud!
Hope you enjoy.:)

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site

RmkJunky had a couple Polaris's for sale awhile back, he is also in GP, not sure if he sold them or still has them.

Don't mean to speak for him but they're sold.

Which gym you go to? I go to World.

You need a seperate trail pass for BC and Alberta. To check the highways in BC and sometimes snow fall http://images.drivebc.ca/bchighwaycam/pub/html/www/index.html . Usually an updated thread with the more active riding areas, I always try to snap a few pics to give people an idea. For weather reports I tend to check www.weathernetwork.com but as of lately they seem to be inconsistent. CAC is a great source for stats and warnings http://www.avalanche.ca/cac , unfortunately Kakwa isn't covered yet. They do have a guy in town now, hopefully they'll have bulletins up soon.

For classifieds:

Snowandmud tends to have a fair amount of ads, all within the western side and seem to be have more reputably in my opinion.
www.kijiji.ca
www.GrandePrairieOnline.com
You could check other sled sites but I find they are across the border most of the time.

That's all I can think of for now.

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't mean to speak for him but they're sold.

Which gym you go to? I go to World.

You need a seperate trail pass for BC and Alberta. To check the highways in BC and sometimes snow fall B.C. Highway Cams . Usually an updated thread with the more active riding areas, I always try to snap a few pics to give people an idea. For weather reports I tend to check Current Weather - The Weather Network but as of lately they seem to be inconsistent. CAC is a great source for stats and warnings Canadian Avalanche Centre : avalanche.ca , unfortunately Kakwa isn't covered yet. They do have a guy in town now, hopefully they'll have bulletins up soon.

You could check other sled sites but I find they are across the border most of the time.

That's all I can thing of for now.
cool, will do, yes I go to worlds, been a gold member since they opened, go through phases with it, when i'm going hard i'm 230, ptherwise 220, may be approved for an 09 m1000 so we'll see what happens and that rmk 800 was beyond mint, looked like the showroom floor but the motors on the rmk's make me nervous and the 1m 900 is sweet but no recordable mileage, started 3rd pull at -30 though and sounds rank as hell we'll see what happens. Thanks for the avalanche info, really don't plan on being a retard with the reborn interest in sledding and plan to do it right, statistics are only fun when it comes to bragging with your buddies:d. seems like a cool site thanks for the welcomes can't wait to meet people and get out there, hopefully I get approval on the 162 m1000 tomorrow, used is good but I like new:)

Top Bottom