New TV

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Plasmas always seem to have a glare on them. I went with lcd a few years ago before led were out. Lcd is nice because there is no reflections.

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the processor thingy is the important part I think there are like 120mhz , 240mhz the bigger the number more money , but better TV to watch

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much do you want to spend is the only question that really matters. From there the TV picks itself as the best buy at that price point.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my choice LED and Samsung, had a Sony side by side with samsung, sam had the better picture

Last edited:

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The best picture you will get will be from either a plasma or an LED tv since every pixel emits light as where LCD is back lit. The latest tv's out are 240hz (how many times a picture is refreshed in 1 second)

Don't get fooled by some plasma's when they say 480hz or 600hz, (the fastest right now is 240hz) that a marketing strategy since plamas have 8-10 sub fields. Meaning 60hz times 8 or 10 sub fields. I'm not saying that's bad, they don't need a fast refresh rate since they switch so fast already.

Personally the Samsung smart tv 240hz is the best picture I've seen yet. Plus most come with a wireless adaptor for the smart hub which is the Internet at TV feature used for viewing netflix without the use of another component like an Xbox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

STYKO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at picking up a new TV. Do I go with Plasma, LCD or LED? What brand?

We have a 46" samsung LCD, great TV!!! it is 3 years old already and still going strong and clear!!.....however I hear from friends and family the LED is top dog these days.....

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After looking at the good old 65" Pioneer Elite for 9 years I did a bunch of research and ordered a new TV. The general consensus these days is Plasma has a better picture if you are watching in a low light area and LCD is best for high light areas. We don't watch soaps so I ordered this one: Got the best deal from these guys:

what_next

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LED is basically an LCD but with LED back lighting

if you go 120Hz or above your TV will be processor enhanced which will remove motion blur but it will make everything you watch look like a cheap soap opera with no motion blur

its really weird at first but once you get used to it you really cant go back
though if you want to play consol games on that tv you'll have to remember to put the tv in "game mode" as the tv processing time will create a game play lag

recently bought the Samsung smart tv LED 120Hz ... but i'm partial to samsung

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went with the 240 hz 3D samsung LED! I love it! just setting up everything so my TV talks to my PS3,Laptop,computer,stereo,router.......so streaming movies is fast and HD......the wireless is great! now I just have to play more with my windows 8 so I can figure all the crap out.....

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The best picture you will get will be from either a plasma or an LED tv since every pixel emits light as where LCD is back lit.

Uh, LED is also back lit. The only difference between and LED and LCD TV is that the LED type uses LED back lighting, while the LCD uses CCFL back lighting. Both have LCD pixels to block the back light and provide pixels in the proper color.

what_next

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Uh, LED is also back lit. The only difference between and LED and LCD TV is that the LED type uses LED back lighting, while the LCD uses CCFL back lighting. Both have LCD pixels to block the back light and provide pixels in the proper color.
Also to add, LED can either be edge lit or back lit

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After looking at the good old 65" Pioneer Elite for 9 years I did a bunch of research and ordered a new TV. The general consensus these days is Plasma has a better picture if you are watching in a low light area and LCD is best for high light areas. We don't watch soaps so I ordered this one: Got the best deal from these guys:

I do not recommend Higher Definition as a place to order anything from. After 10 days of not shipping my TV they finally called me and said they were trying to get through to me on the phone but must be something wrong with Telus mobility or something bla bla. Any way they needed to confirm my shipping address. I gave it to them when I ordered the TV. They said it would still be 2 weeks before I would get the TV. Told them to shove it and drove into Edmonton and picked one up at Future Shop. I also bought one of these : Introducing the best sounding 3D Blu-ray player yet!
Watched Avatar and this system is stunning. I love it. We'll check out Avatar in 3D next :)

Top Bottom