New Tunnel?

Snow Hungry

Reaction score
I am replacing my tunnel this summer on my 05 summit 800. Can anybody point me in the right direction? I plan to do the work myself i just need a nice tunnel. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would talk to all the mod shops and check out the pics on here to see what they look like...

Snow Hungry

Reaction score
I like the cr tunnel but the floorboard holes look small. The terra alps tunnel looks decent and i dont know if i like the ve tunnel. Purpose over looks i suppose. What can I do about opening the floorboards up?

winterulez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a VE tunnel and love it. Was a toss up between VE and CR, was a bit of a wait for the VE but i am glad i waited.

cobbycat

Reaction score
I like the cr tunnel but the floorboard holes look small. The terra alps tunnel looks decent and i dont know if i like the ve tunnel. Purpose over looks i suppose. What can I do about opening the floorboards up?

call Chad at cr racing and tell him what you want, he will probably customize one for you.:beer:

intmid8or!

Problem Child
Reaction score
not sure if Chad is doing eliminator style boards, but VE is. Seems like all tunnel mfr's should be building them opened up a bit....

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you are going to need an pneumatic rivet gun($$), 1/4" rivet gun from princess auto, handful of 3/16 drill bits, a prick punch, an awl, and lots of rivets. Hit up one of the shops and they can get you started with the right ones.
good luck!
oh and make sure you can fit/align all your rivets before you start driven them home!

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The website shows old pics of the star treads....Chad's new design is a open tread design that works very well.

Snow Hungry

Reaction score
nice the cr was my first choice but i didnt like the tread. nice to see they opened it up. Thanks again for the pointers.

arcdoo

Reaction score
I have cr tunnel when installing it the holes lined up perfect with the bulk head and Chad is very good to deal with there staff very helpful.

Top Bottom