New Toyo 34" tire w/ XD Revolver Wheels are on!

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
Turned my K2500HD into a 1 ton w/ overloads last week and this week the truck received new wheels and tires to facilitate the heavy load I will place on the truck when my overweight camper goes back on the truck. These are the KMC XD Revolvers 17x9 wheels and the tires are TOYO 285/75/17 All Terrains.

I need to get used to the new look as the tread plate is narrower than my previous tire and it is an inch or so taller than the 32.5's. These will now handle 7200 lbs per axles as a tire and rim combo and one things for sure, they ride incredibly smooth as compared to the Dick Cepek FCII tires that were on previous to this. Less noise, less vibration, and the highest load capacity available in an all terrain tire at 3900lbs per. Wheels have a weight capacity of 3600lbs each.

Should work well now with almost 4K in payload when the campers loaded. Yeah I know, that's a whole other topic. Been there and done that. Here's a few pictures of my rig with the new wheels and tires on it. Kinda sinister looking now, what do you think?

Attachments

• Wheels 002s.jpg
    Wheels 002s.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 53
  • Wheels 003s.jpg
    Wheels 003s.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 55
  • Wheels 004s.jpg
    Wheels 004s.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 47
  • Wheels 005s.jpg
    Wheels 005s.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 55

renton

Reaction score
I think it looks great, I recomend a good set of mud flaps or the winter road crush and gravel will chew up your paint.

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looke great! I like the absence of tons of chrome.

tfitz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That looks good, i have always loved blacked out trucks, now all you need to do is go to Recon Truck Lighting and buy there blacked out tail lights and Blacked out projection head lights

Recon Accessories: Home

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
No light bars for this guy. Rear has a cover and a camper going on and off, and I like the clean look of the front end as it sits. Might powder coat the tubes on the sides now that the wheels are black. :eek:

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No light bars for this guy. Rear has a cover and a camper going on and off, and I like the clean look of the front end as it sits. Might powder coat the tubes on the sides now that the wheels are black. :eek:

Yah and powder coat the chrome bumpers black too,that would look sooooo sweet.
Nice truck!

tfitz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I was not saying put light bars on it I was saying these would look good

Attachments

• product_photo-large_image-425.jpg
    product_photo-large_image-425.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 158
  • product_photo-large_image-787.jpg
    product_photo-large_image-787.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 148

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
id have to agree those tail lights and headlights would look pretty darn good.. did the same thing with my 04 ram. not to mention the added visibility of the tailights with the Leds vs the traditional bulbs... only thing like mentioned above get a nice set of mudflaps to protect that rocker panel or it will get worn,chipped and fade to a near white look lol i know from experience ... dont ask!

amunro

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
what lift do you have truck looks stellar. what do you think switching the springs cost you?

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
Rancho 4" lift. They say you can fit 35's with this kit and it's close. Had to do a little trimming with the 34's but I'd bet you could sneak a 35" in there. Rear (1 ton) lower spring along with the 6 pack of overloads was a couple grand. Had the camper loaded up for a return trip to Quartz and it pulled the camper and and the trailer with no trouble at all. I hit the scale on the way back and the truck weighed in at 5560 with the trailer on the pin. That's a pretty good load...hence the reason for the Toyo's.

Top Bottom