New top end now engine light?

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As the title says. I put a new top end in an 09 lastnight and now the engine light is on?
I check a couple times looks like everything is plugged in? It runs fine. The light is on right after start up. Then blinks and beeps about 4 times and stays on?
Any thoughts?
Thanks in avance.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2 things I usually forget are the Dpm sensor on top of the engine, and the tps sensor on the backside of the carbs. Other than sensors not plugged in I've got nothing

Mister Bee

Reaction score
Same thing happened when I did the top end in my 09 this year. I double and triple checked everything and couldn't find anything wrong. I did some research online and found that on the 08 & 09's (not sure about 10's) that originally if a hard code came in and the condition would clear that the check engine would not clear until being reset by dealer. I'm note sure when it was released but brp released an ECM reflash that corrects this problem ( if condition clears then so does the light). I took mine to the dealer and checked for codes, sure enough knock sensor came in on initial start up. Cleared codes, did ECM reflash and no more Cel.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same thing happened when I did the top end in my 09 this year. I double and triple checked everything and couldn't find anything wrong. I did some research online and found that on the 08 & 09's (not sure about 10's) that originally if a hard code came in and the condition would clear that the check engine would not clear until being reset by dealer. I'm note sure when it was released but brp released an ECM reflash that corrects this problem ( if condition clears then so does the light). I took mine to the dealer and checked for codes, sure enough knock sensor came in on initial start up. Cleared codes, did ECM reflash and no more Cel.

Yup that is true. There was a flash for that and would make total sense that you could get a knock on first initial startup. May be the problem! Hasn't happened to me yet but sounds totally plausible

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok well i have another 09 identical to this one for parts I will take the ecm out and swap them should fix it right?

And thanks for the info.

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

had this happen on a buddys 08 when we re-did the top end take it too your dealer and light should go out after the flash.

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had this last time I ha my engine out. When I plugged n my TPS plug I didn't get it all the way and was giving me the light. Make sure all the connections are in all the way too

Top Bottom