New to Valemount and The Mountains in General

tworton

Reaction score
Hey everyone a buddy and myself will be heading to valemount the nov.25 weekend. We are looking to ride the allen creek area. We are fairly new to sledding but we are fast learners and good on anything else with a motor! We are curious as to how we get to the allen creek parking lot and are also wondering if there is anyone heading out that weekend that wouldn't mind us tagging along. Also, were are the preferred sledding hotels? Just trying to plan in advance.
Thanks alot,
Travis

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone a buddy and myself will be heading to valemount the nov.25 weekend. We are looking to ride the allen creek area. We are fairly new to sledding but we are fast learners and good on anything else with a motor! We are curious as to how we get to the allen creek parking lot and are also wondering if there is anyone heading out that weekend that wouldn't mind us tagging along. Also, were are the preferred sledding hotels? Just trying to plan in advance.
Thanks alot,
Travis

allan creek parking lot is 35km? on the right hand side of the highway. there is a sign 200m prior to the staging area.

best hotels IMO are best western and the chalet continental also check out legacy vacation rentals if you have a group. http://www.legacyvacationrental.com/ these guys will take care of you.

enjoy!

Last edited:

dschwindt

Reaction score
First time to valemount myself,going to bring my father as well(more of a flatland sledder). Can you get the trail passes at the Allan creek staging area. I have also been told by quite a few that the best western is the place to be for a god stay. We are also heading up on the 26th for a couple days.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First time to valemount myself,going to bring my father as well(more of a flatland sledder). Can you get the trail passes at the Allan creek staging area. I have also been told by quite a few that the best western is the place to be for a god stay. We are also heading up on the 26th for a couple days.

yes they are available at the trailhead. allan creek is a good place to start. just keep in mind the main trail may not be open by that time and the temporary trail gets a bit icy.

tworton

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, maybe we can team up with someone in the parking lot! We will be there bright and early Saturday Morning! Is the temporary trail quite obvious? Can it be seen from the parking lot?

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol maxwell, you are hired !

the temporary trail is very easy to find. Its just a y at the 3km mark, turn right you hit a gate, stay straight and ur in the alpine in another 6km.

simply follow the sled tracks.

no grooming as of yet, possibly the weekend of the 26th.

Sorry i wont be in the office tomorrw, but anyone with questions is welcome to call me on monday at 2505664817 and I will be more than happy to make certain that you have all the info you need!

ratpak

Reaction score
4 of us are headed to Allen Creek to Ride Thursday afternoon and all day Friday. If you make it there for Friday, you're welcome to join us. Just let me know and we can set a time to meet.

tworton

Reaction score
Looks like we will be there to ride friday as well! should be there around 9 or shortly after! See you in the parking lot?

Twig

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah Ratpak, Tworton is my buddy I was talking about who thought he had to work Friday but now were gonna be there to ride Friday as well. Defiantly should meet up and ride, we will try and keep up hahaha.

tworton

Reaction score
rat pak could you pm me your phone number? mine is 780-996 6506. The names Travis! Hope to see you there!

Rick Byers

Reaction score
We have been going to Valemont & Blue River for 16 years. Now.

The Three hills we normally ride are Clemina 15 KM out of Valemont going South, Allan 35 KM out of Valemont going South, or Mileage which is now called Chapple Creek 63 Km out side of Valemont all going South to Blue River. If Valemont has 2 feet of snow in town then Blue river will normally have 10 to 15 Feet in town this is because Blue river is right in the sweet spot for the wind currents over the B.C. Mountains. Anytime you get closer to Blue river area you get much more snow.

Here is the down side the trail into Allan from the parking lot is only 13 KM to the alpine cabin allan tends to have 300 to 400 trucks there always it is the most popular area and everyone likes to ride there. Allan is larger than Clemina or Mileage But I prefer Snow where no one has been this would take you to Chappel Creek also knowen as Mileage for us old timers the trail in sucks it is 35 KM to the alpine the area is smaller than Allan but hardly anyone goes there because it is so far out of Valemont they usally do not groom it till late in Dec were as they are already grooming Allan and Clemina so the ride in if the trail is not brocken can be difficult but it is well worth it once you get into the upper lake and area. We are going up Dec 8,9,10,11 and then again Dec 27,28,29,30,31 We try to stay out of town at cabins like Twin Peaks, or Bone Creek they are cabins with kitchens and T.V. and satilite service we like this because it helps to keep the cost down at Bone creek it is only 12 KM from Blue River and they allow us the Sledders cabin which sleeps 4 guys for 150.00 a night split between four guys only costs us 38.00 per guy per night. We have stayied in town at the holiday in for 184.00 per guy per night and had parts stolen off our sleds in the evening. If you stay in Valemont you take the risk of someone damaging there sled the day before, and needing a part he just cannot get while in Valemont for the three or four days he is there. You have a nice new Ski or control arm that will fit his sled, and he helps himself to it at night when you are sleeping or hung over and do not hear them at your equipment. Had this happen while at Valemont Inn and the the Holiday In and Super 8 will never stay in town again like the resorts such as Bone Creek or Twin Peaks there dogs usally alert you to the issues pretty quick if there are people trying to wreck your time out to the mountains

If you are going at any time that works with our dates let us know we would be happy to show you some areas there is also Finn Creek in Blue River and The finger in Blue river also nice ridding areas some extreme some not so extreme.

From Rick.

If you want to discuss more Private Message me.

Kiwionsnow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
really Rick 3 times, I have been sledin there for over 20 yrs and no one needed a part off my sled. well they say things come in 3's you should be good to go.

Top Bottom