new to the world of Atving any suggestions?

brad6

Reaction score
My wife and I are looking into getting a couple of quads, looking for input of any kind as for what type of machine to get into. I have tried to get her into sledding, but she feels a quad would be more fun for her. As for brands of bike it doesn't really matter - (CAT loyal for sleds). Just looking for a quad to have some fun on, get the kids on and go for ride.Maybe a machine "allround good for everything" if such a beast exists?? Please let me know what to look for and what to stay away from. Looking for something used. I am pretty familiar with sleds, But when it comes to quads I'm pretty dumb, so please be kind lol. Any input would be great.

fhe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have had both Hondas and Suzukis. Both have been excellent machines. Try different ones and see which feels best. Lots to consider when you look at them. Check out nyrocatv.com as well.

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure the wife is pretty serious about having one before you get one. I would suggest getting a side by side then you only need one. The wife and I used to have quads but since we got rid of them and got a side by side and never looked back.

Snorked N' Torked 1000

Reaction score
In My opinion if you are very serious about this i would go with an outlander 500 xt for her and a 650 for yourself. if your looking for a more sporty ride grab the renegade but outlander xt would probaby be the best. they are reliabe, tons of power when you need it, comes with bumper, winch and a great warrantee, they are very smooth riding and if you are looking to double all the time get the Max version. it is 8" longer but the passenger will have tons of room to sit behind and its easy to hang on. im not sure what your likes are on colors but yellow hides scratches the best. I hope this helps you out.

Coldone

Reaction score
Everyone has their personal preferences.. I bought my first ever quad last summer.. Tested out a couple different rides and got out and sat down on each one to see which was going to more comfortable over a period of time.. I decided on the Yamaha Griz because of the way it felt riding.. I'm not a big techy person so I was just happy to have the power steering and all around usefulness of it.

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure the wife is pretty serious about having one before you get one. I would suggest getting a side by side then you only need one. The wife and I used to have quads but since we got rid of them and got a side by side and never looked back.

The only problems I had when thinking about getting a side by side was, 1. Somebody is always the passenger. Who wants to be a passenger? 2. They aren't going where a quad will go.
Side by sides have their place, but at this point and what I use them for I'd never trade my quads for one.

Top Bottom