New to the Site

Gunny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Top of the Afternoon,
New to this web site, I was searching for some info about ATV tracks & came across this web site. From what I've read, not many are using them or feel they are worth the extra cost. Too bad really, cause I bought a set & I'm having a blast.
I live in Utah (in the US of A) & we get a fair amount of the white stuff. This year has been real good so far. Now I'm just waiting for the melt to start so I can try them in the mud & some swamp areas. Ought to be fun.

Later.........
Gunny

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
WELCOME ABOARD, GUNNY.... I THINK YOU'LL LIKE THE SITE, LOTS TO DOO AND SEE, AND BE SURE TO POST YOUR HOME FLAG/PIN ON THE "MEMBERMAP" ON THE FRONT FORUM PAGE, DOWN THE LEFT SIDE.......:D

162SKIDOO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Top of the Afternoon,
New to this web site, I was searching for some info about ATV tracks & came across this web site. From what I've read, not many are using them or feel they are worth the extra cost. Too bad really, cause I bought a set & I'm having a blast.
I live in Utah (in the US of A) & we get a fair amount of the white stuff. This year has been real good so far. Now I'm just waiting for the melt to start so I can try them in the mud & some swamp areas. Ought to be fun.

Later.........
Gunny

Welcome aboard Gunny......lots of fun people in here....we are really glad to have some people from the US of A in here as we(canadians) have for the most part no more people up here to sign up due to the lack and scarcity of people who have money and the limited places to buy computors . You'll notice that at most there will be maybe 50 to 300 people (visiting members) per day and thats because of the cold wheather and inability for some of us to reach the trading posts that house the computors. The other main reason is that everyone up here is kind of on a big schedule and we take turns doing the chores around the camp. One day your on hunting detail , next day your on elk tracking detail ....next day you could be on the dog sled looking for new ways to cross the ice flo to get to the next camp....like calgary to edmonton for instance..... anyway glad to have you and if i may ask ... is Utah east or north of the canadian islands. 180px-Inuit_man_by_Curtis_-_Noatak_AK[1].jpg ....anytime your albe or would like to come try a hunt i'll be more than willing to double you and paddle you around for the day...ITS A BLAST WHEN THE SUN COMES OUT FOR THAT WEEK OR TWO IN SPRING!!!

Gunny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
162Skidoo,
Thanks for the Welcome. Ah, Utah is South of the border ...... your border that is. If you know the Western states at all, Utah is next to Nevada (on the West), Colorado (on the East) & Wyoming & Idaho (to the North). It's kind of a high desert area. But we have some pretty good mountains here too. Where I go rid'in with the tracks is between 7200 ft to about 9600 ft. We have higher mountains, but they are a ways off.
Telling me about what you have to do all day sounds like too much fun to me. Of course, when a guy has to do his hobbies to earn money, it becomes a job, correct ??
Attached are some flicks of the country.

Well, gotta go pack a lunch, go'in rid'in in the morning ...... HELL YEAH !!!!
Gunny

Attachments

• Shadows.JPG
    Shadows.JPG
    184.7 KB · Views: 92
  • Going Up.JPG
    Going Up.JPG
    182.4 KB · Views: 86
  • Fall 2006.JPG
    Fall 2006.JPG
    175.9 KB · Views: 81

Gunny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks, that's what the wife says too .. Wait, you mean the vehicles huh !? ... Never mind.
I went to the member map & I thought I put a pin where I'm located. However, when the map returns to the "Basic View" the pin I added doesn't show up. I'll have to play around with it later.

Gunny

Last edited:

162SKIDOO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sheesh...........UTAH is south...........DOH!!! thanks for straightening me out on that one....I'm absolutley lost without my sundial........:doh:

Gunny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You have a sundail ?? Now I'm really jealous !!!!!!!!

Last edited:

CdnWrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey... Gunny

Is that past or present... are you still in?

Welcome to the site.. The tracks still seem to be relatively new, there are a few articles regarding them in various magazines...

Glad to hear you got a fair dump of snow this winter. When the snow melts.... and you're having fun.... can you have a picture taken when your eyes are just above the water/mud level.... :D

I assuming... you'll be wearing camo paint... :) :)

Top of the Afternoon,

Later.........
Gunny

162SKIDOO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard Gunny......lots of fun people in here....we are really glad to have some people from the US of A in here as we(canadians) have for the most part no more people up here to sign up due to the lack and scarcity of people who have money and the limited places to buy computors . You'll notice that at most there will be maybe 50 to 300 people (visiting members) per day and thats because of the cold wheather and inability for some of us to reach the trading posts that house the computors. The other main reason is that everyone up here is kind of on a big schedule and we take turns doing the chores around the camp. One day your on hunting detail , next day your on elk tracking detail ....next day you could be on the dog sled looking for new ways to cross the ice flo to get to the next camp....like calgary to edmonton for instance..... anyway glad to have you and if i may ask ... is Utah east or north of the canadian islands.View attachment 3824....anytime your albe or would like to come try a hunt i'll be more than willing to double you and paddle you around for the day...ITS A BLAST WHEN THE SUN COMES OUT FOR THAT WEEK OR TWO IN SPRING!!!

Im just wondring if that snowmobile in the first picture with the jerry can and wheels would be able to float and carry my walrus back from the hunt??

Gunny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey CdnWrangler,
Thanks for the welcome & Yup, the tracks are still fairly new. I only have about 100 miles on them. All snow miles. Still froze up down here & a little more snow is expected tomorrow.
When it does melt & things get ........ moist ........ I'll see if I can get a flick or two with the water up to my eyeballs. However, it may be kinda tought to ride (or wade in) to the creek & take a flick. See, I do most my rid'in alone. My other atv buddies are a bunch of fair weather pussies ! .... Ah, can I say that here ?? ...... let me rephrase that, "They are a bunch of fair weather chumps !" .......
Anyway ...... Have a great day up in the "Great White" country.
Later .....
Gunny

Gunny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
162SKIDOO,
I think you have to much free time if you've taken the time to convert one of your bikes to run on penguin / fish oil ......... Question ..... does that smell funny when it burns ??

KDX MIKE

Reaction score
welcome to the site and try to remember us canadians only really get three months of actual summer for mudding.

CdnWrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Gunny... I think you need to get some much better friends.... I see your point about the pictures... its hard when you're by yourself....

With respect to terminalogy, you could have used the word.... "Kitties" or the fur bearing, 4 legged critter /w flat tail called the "Beaver"

I'm not sure which service you're in.... I was thinking you guys were pretty inventive and able to adapt, overcome and conquer... maybe a floating raft/platform tethered to the bank supporting the camera ought to be able to capture your exuberance for the sport...

Once last question.... if you're going fast enough can you get up on top of the water... like a sled..with your tracks? I'm thinking it might be difficult... but worthy of a try... :D

Have a great weekend!

Hey CdnWrangler,
Thanks for the welcome & Yup, the tracks are still fairly new. I only have about 100 miles on them. All snow miles. Still froze up down here & a little more snow is expected tomorrow.
When it does melt & things get ........ moist ........ I'll see if I can get a flick or two with the water up to my eyeballs. However, it may be kinda tought to ride (or wade in) to the creek & take a flick. See, I do most my rid'in alone. My other atv buddies are a bunch of fair weather pussies ! .... Ah, can I say that here ?? ...... let me rephrase that, "They are a bunch of fair weather chumps !" .......
Anyway ...... Have a great day up in the "Great White" country.
Later .....
Gunny

CdnWrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those are great pictures, pretty country...... Gunny...

But the mud does not look all that deep... The blue ford is pretty clean..... :D

162Skidoo,
Thanks for the Welcome. Ah, Utah is South of the border ...... your border that is. If you know the Western states at all, Utah is next to Nevada (on the West), Colorado (on the East) & Wyoming & Idaho (to the North). It's kind of a high desert area. But we have some pretty good mountains here too. Where I go rid'in with the tracks is between 7200 ft to about 9600 ft. We have higher mountains, but they are a ways off.
Telling me about what you have to do all day sounds like too much fun to me. Of course, when a guy has to do his hobbies to earn money, it becomes a job, correct ??
Attached are some flicks of the country.

Well, gotta go pack a lunch, go'in rid'in in the morning ...... HELL YEAH !!!!
Gunny

162SKIDOO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
162SKIDOO,
I think you have to much free time if you've taken the time to convert one of your bikes to run on penguin / fish oil ......... Question ..... does that smell funny when it burns ??

I have ALOT of free time.....it smells like whale farts if you can believe it when u run penguin /fish oil. And when are you comin up to explore the wild up here....offer for the day trip in my cayacac still open...teach ya how to toss a spear at them nasty little killer whales.....buggers keep tippin me over when im fishin.

Top Bottom