New to Snow and Mud

summit1000

Reaction score
So I'm a new member to snow and mud. Been reading the posts for over a year, but didn't actually join until a couple of days ago. This is the first post I'm making. I'm 19 now, started snowmobiling when I was about 5 years old on a late 80's Ski-Doo Citation LS 250cc fan cooled. As a christmas present when I was 8 years old, my dad bought me a 1999 Polaris 500XC with 250 miles on it. An extremely nice and powerful sled for an 8 year old. When I was 12 we sold them all of (my sled, my dad's sled, and my mom's). So just in September, I went and bought myself a 2006 Summit 1000 151" track. Yes, I realize they are known to blow up, but they are cheaper than older 800's, and this one only had 1900km's on it and had been well taken care of. It has a can, and I installed unifilters to help with the infamous belt dust problem. Other than being extremely heavy, so far I love it. I'm not a big guy (5ft 8" 170lbs) so I have to work the 1000, but I enjoy the challenge. I'm hoping in the next few years I can afford a new 800 Pro RMK 155" track.

Sorry for the long introduction, but figured I should be somewhat detailed haha.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so welcome to the site . you sound like a good guy . anyone that wants to buy a new pro must be a good guy. :)

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now why on earth would you WANT to go BACKWARDS haha.

Welcome

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey man welcome. you should schedule yourself some seat time on a xm before you drop 16000 on a power toboggan from pro laris…just saying but its your money.

summit1000

Reaction score
Thank-you all for the warm welcome! I had to sell the 1000 after only putting 200 km's on it. :( My buddy and I co-own a trailer, and his snowmobile and the trailer were sitting in front of his house and was stolen. I can't afford to pay my half of a new trailer, so I had to sell the 1000 and will now have to get something older and cheaper so that I can put the money towards a new trailer. I'm looking at getting a 1999 Ski-Doo 670 Summit X with only 1900 km's on it.

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talk about a reliable machine. Those 670 Summits are bulletproof. Plus, now you can dump money into building a cool mod sled haha

summit1000

Reaction score
Talk about a reliable machine. Those 670 Summits are bulletproof. Plus, now you can dump money into building a cool mod sled haha

That's what I've heard. My dad owned a 670 Summit X, but only got to put 40km's on it before it was stolen. He owned a 700 Summit afterwards though, and it was extremely reliable. The CDI went in it, but that was the only thing to go wrong in the many years he owned it. And I have a friend with a 583 that has 4500km's on it and they've never had to do anything to it. So I have lots of confidence that it'll be a decent sled. I was also really impressed with the power of the 583. Obviously not near the power of the 1000, but still pretty impressive. It was also really fun to throw around. I'll probably look at upgrading the skis on the 670 as the first thing I'd do to it.

Top Bottom