New to Sledding

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
'specially the sammiches one, Sno Trocket (What's a trocket??!??:D:D:D)

It's Japanese for machine.............................................

P.S. Fab stop you win..................................Snosqaullie thanks you

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so then your handle is translates as "thats no machine'?!?!? (s'no trocket)

weird:bandance::bandance::bandance:

No cuz "sno "doesn't translate to "thats no" I'am quessing. Fugg I don't even know what trocket means in english fat chance I could tell you what it means in Japanese!!!!!!!!!! I was b#llsh!tting you never thought you'd reply.;). Just call me SnoQaullie another name the Great Fabuski has given me.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No cuz "sno "doesn't translate to "thats no" I'am quessing. Fugg I don't even know what trocket means in english fat chance I could tell you what it means in Japanese!!!!!!!!!! I was b#llsh!tting you never thought you'd reply.;). Just call me SnoQaullie another name the Great Fabuski has given me.

yeah, perhaps this was one of those times when I shouldn'tve shared some of the retarded stuff going through my head. one day I'll learn....NO DRINKING BEFORE NOON!!!:lol2::lol2::lol2: I'm really not as smart as I look in my portrait avatar.

Last edited:

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I drove by Summiteers place today and saw this sign in his yard....:eek:

Ha LOL that's in my neighbors yard. The one in mine Says "I did WHAT with Your sister"?!?! (Neighbors a nice guy....only one tooth but man can he pick a mean banjo).

zeeberg7

Reaction score
actually it is amazing that you (FAB1) would aask something like that. thanks I didn't expect that question. I just finiished buying a new shovel, saw, and probe. I already have a first aid kit. what is an AVY course and how do I get involved in something like that? are they mandatory? I am in the process of getting a GPS/communication device. I heard that Beacons could be rented, is that true?

I plan to go riding with experienced riders, who will fill me in on it all. but I haven't heard of the AVY course.

F

FAB1

actually it is amazing that you (FAB1) would ask something like that.

:confused:...why is it amazing? They are the ? that should be asked.

I just finished buying a new shovel, saw, and probe. I already have a first aid kit. I am in the process of getting a GPS/communication device.

:)

I heard that Beacons could be rented, is that true?

Yes.

what is an AVY course and how do I get involved in something like that?

AVY = AVALANCHE

ZacsTracs

and check this one out everytime you head out

Canadian Avalanche Website

I plan to go riding with experienced riders, who will fill me in on it all.

Do they all have AVY training? Before you even ride are they going to spend a minimum of a few hours on the hill training you the basics on how to read conditions, properly use your beacon and how to probe/dig for a body (or multiple bodies) prior to riding so when they are all buried you can find them?

Sorry if I sound like a AZZHOLE but these are all the ? that my EXPERIENCED friends asked me when I started riding and also what I needed to do and know before they took me off the trail.

Your Welcome.

EDIT: That reminds me I really need to update my training.......LORI!!!!

zeeberg7

Reaction score
I found it amazing because for the first week of me being on here all I heard was nice sled have fun, and all that kind of stuff. it is nice to see fellow sledders I don't even know asking the questions and answering mine. Thanks again. I will definately try to get in for that course.

Has anyone heard of the new SPOT satellite messenger system? does that sound like it would be a good system? what do you guys think? will it really be better than a cell phone?

SPOT

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
One of the other members posted the link a while back and the feedback was very positive. Now we just need to wait until they are released and find out if they really work.

I found it amazing because for the first week of me being on here all I heard was nice sled have fun, and all that kind of stuff. it is nice to see fellow sledders I don't even know asking the questions and answering mine. Thanks again. I will definately try to get in for that course.

Has anyone heard of the new SPOT satellite messenger system? does that sound like it would be a good system? what do you guys think? will it really be better than a cell phone?

SPOT

Top Bottom