New to Sledding

zeeberg7

Reaction score
where can I find this riding info? I wanna know the moment trails are started to be groomed this year and I also want to see trail maps. I am kinda planning a trip to Valemount, Revelstoke, or Mcbride. it's all up in the air right now.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
where can I find this riding info? I wanna know the moment trails are started to be groomed this year and I also want to see trail maps. I am kinda planning a trip to Valemount, Revelstoke, or Mcbride. it's all up in the air right now.

Welcome to the site.

1. Riding info - Keep an eye on the forums where your looking at going, if Valemount or Mcbride is one of your destinations watch there forums, its a little early but once December hits the updates start rolling. The updates are from the members. Last year the site was fairly small and there was alot of updates, and great info.

2. Local trails - When the trails open we let everyone know on here, most people post that as well.

3. Trail Maps - We are just in the process of updating the site with snowmobile trail maps. We have to get permission from all the ASA snowmobile clubs and the ASA before we can post them. Alot of the clubs re-vamp there trails and maps just before the ASA show, then we recieve permission ant we will be posting. On the left side menu there is a "Trail Maps and Staging Area's" keep an eye on that in about 2 weeks time.

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey zeeberg7.
Another rider here from Cold Lake. Been here 16yrs, know most of the trails around here that is for sure.
If you are looking for someone to ride with or hook up for MTN trips let me know.

zeeberg7

Reaction score
I have been riding quads, dirtbike, and sleds in the Cold Lake area for years now. I have been living here for most of my life 17yrs as well. I just bought my first new mountain machine and want to explore the mountains. I will let you know when I go on a trip. thanks alot. maybe even around here.

Quagmire

Senior Sunburnt Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site zeeburg7. You bought a great sled. See you on the hills.
Steve

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Zeeberg,
Let me know if you are interested in the Snow & Mud ride in Golden Jan18
I'm looking at going but need a way to get there. I have a 2 place trailer but truck wont make a trip that far.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the site. Where else can a rider make 1 post and get hooked up with a local riding partner right where they live. Hope you guys get together and go riding.

zeeberg7

Reaction score
ya, this is crazy! about the Golden trip on the 18th of January, I will have to see what my work schedule is. hopefully I know before Christmas. I have a truck so hopefully this works out. I may be able to set up more people to go.

zeeberg7

Reaction score
Cool, we will have to ride here first. I have a hard time going on trips with even close friends. so I will have to become buddys with you before we set off to the mountains. I might even already know you, or know someone that does.

Last edited by a moderator:

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you bet, just drop me a PM or I gave you my ph# in a PM
where do you work in Cold Lake? Or at the least what is you name??

F

FAB1

I just bought a 08 Summit 800R and want to start doing some mountain riding.

I find it interesting that not one peep on here asked the following (they all just said welcome, here are the maps and lets go riding in the mountains with a NEWBIE).

1) Have you taken an AVY course?

2) Do you have a Beacon?

3) Do you have a Probe?

4) Do you have a communication system/GPS?

5) If you have and done the above .....Do you know how to use this equipment PROPERLY to find your BUDDY's?

(because your new buddies aren't worried about finding you...it's can you find them).

OVER!!!

F

FAB1

Forgot to say, WELCOME to the GREATEST sport in the WORLD...Have FUN and SAFE season.

:)

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I find it interesting that not one peep on here asked the following (they all just said welcome, here are the maps and lets go riding in the mountains with a NEWBIE).

1) Have you taken an AVY course?

2) Do you have a Beacon?

3) Do you have a Probe?

4) Do you have a communication system/GPS?

5) If you have and done the above .....Do you know how to use this equipment PROPERLY to find your BUDDY's?

(because your new buddies aren't worried about finding you...it's can you find them).

OVER!!!

6] Shovel
7] First aid kit
8] Newbies always buy sammiches[ and don't smash them up]

F

FAB1

Most excellent additions to the list of ?'s of do you have ST....:You_Rock:

GRD

Reaction score
Good list fab... Lots of people never think to ask those questions before they start riding...

Top Bottom