New to Sledding and site

tmlsnrg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interested in getting involved in the sport of sledding.
Looking to purchase first sled to use for both trail and mountain.
What sled would be a good introduction to this sport?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
:welcome: Enjoy the camaraderie and the banter.

Are you looking for new or used? If used, how old? 800 or 600 cc motor? 4-stroke or 2-stroke?

No doubt in my mind there will be lots of advice with this crew!

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
before this debate is hashed once again......from a non brand specific guy, go out and sit on some, see what feels comfortable, for the most part an 800 is a good all round, has enough power but you can controll how much you use, might get tired of a 600 pretty fast, they will all have they're ups and downs, stay away from polaris 800's unless its a newer one....buy what you like and ride it, when you meet up with some others give theirs a try and see if you like it more you can always sell and chage over.

dont listen to thet this is best, not this is best banter everyone has they're own opinion, just like you will form your own once you get out there and play a little......

p.s.......buy a cat...lol

tmlsnrg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello
Thanks for the tips
I'm thinking of a used machine 06 being the oldest
and reverse may be a good thing

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
buy 08 or newer as partsare eaiser to get and stay away from the polaris as they had some engine issues. not all but some. poke around the forums here and you will get to know lots of people and its real easy to find people to go with and show you around. be honest about your skill level... buy the beacon... take the AST1 course and enjoy the deep stuff. there is people on here that will be willing to take a newbie and show you around I owned polaris until my 05 900 needed to be replaced and now ride a 08 xp and love it

Turbo-North

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the addictions!!! Lol try every sled you can get a ride on . Then decide what feels best for you. Do some homework on brand specific issues. Polaros had some motor issues. seems fixed now. Ski doo had some crank and piston issues in high mile sleds ETC !!!! Arctic Cat had some issues with the 1000, s as well. Probably other issues but i haven,t seen many. Oh yeah the ! M 600,s had reverse issues with the gear drive reverse. Great sled just lose the reverse and go to the old chain setup. Just some ideas and yeah gonna likely be plenty of sled bashing here LOL < DUCKS>.

Top Bottom