New to Site from Calgary

James Etch

Reaction score
All,

Newbie here! Just found this forum and am very impressed. Anyways, Went out riding a few times last year and got the sledding bug. My problem: none of my friends ride....at all. My hope is to get out a bunch this year and just rent different sleds for a year until I find one I like and then get my own next year. My question to the group is who can I convince to take a newbie for a rip? Any newbie rides ever organized or planned during winter? Any suggestions or thoughts on my situation would be much appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shouldn't be a problem.
Your best bet is to sign up for an Avy course. Take your practical in the hills.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you come to Sparwood I will take you out with my 15 year old son. Nothing crazy. But have your safety gear on no matter what.

James Etch

Reaction score
Thanks both. Taking my avy course mid November and have safety gear so lucky 7 I will take u up on that offer in the new year if you don't mind. Appreciate the gesture.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SnoFro

Reaction score
I don't sled I have a snow bike. If you can't find anyone to ride with try a snowmobile tour. When I would take my wife for a ride (by ourselves, just one machine) we would follow a snowmobile tour group. That way we were covered if something happened. I would occasionally help newer riders. It was actually fun. My wife is really small so she would sit in front of me. I could even side hill. Just a thought.

alexprormk

Reaction score
i live in banff and probably gonna be going to bc a few times second season of riding

Top Bottom