New to area but looking to go riding

seegs

Reaction score
I am itching to go riding but haven't been to the golden area, I am looking to go with a group who knows so good beginner areas and show me some good riding tips. I am looking to go on Saturday and will drive anywhere. Let me know Thanks

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well some of us are going to be to quartz sat... will have a few newbees .... make dam sure u have a shovel , probes , beacon ..... eat ur wheatys too..... cause stucks take it out of u at elevation

seegs

Reaction score
I have never been up there before. Lucas at bow cycle south I have everything I need to go. Where do you guys meet at quartz?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the parking lot or in golden ..... my cell is 403 352 0488

seegs

Reaction score
Oh ok sounds good I am in a new grey dodge with orange summit 800. Is there a spot to unload out of the box of a truck or should I bring it on a car trailer?

topsecret

Reaction score
My friend and I will be doing a day trip there tomorrow, is the entrance to quartz creek right off of HWY 1? It will be my first time there, any info would be great!

dabensmiller

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its right off the side of 1, you cant miss it, theres a sign and everything. play safe!!

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My friend and I will be doing a day trip there tomorrow, is the entrance to quartz creek right off of HWY 1? It will be my first time there, any info would be great!

About 20mins West of Golden look for a little blue sled sign on the highway that says Quartz Creek (sign is on the right side of the road), turn left there and you'll see the parking area. Easy 14km groomed trail up to the cabin.

I don't think there's a loading ramp that I know of, I'm sure you can find a snow bank to help load up the sled.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a made snow bank by the pay cabin ( trail head ). Should be anyways. There is enough snow now. U will go up a big hill with passing lanes and then the when u see the road ditches that look good enough to ride in Ur close. Also the corner to turn is on a straight away

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Snow & Mud forum, we appreciate you taking the time to sign up and join our community. I hope you are able to sort through all the banter to find some useful information and discover new riding areas.

Cheers :)

seegs

Reaction score
Ya should be there I am going to aim to be in golden around 8:30 tomorrow I am driving a dark gray 2011 dodge ram 1500 with a orange summit 800 in the back. My phone number is 403-333-6903.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
K. Well be there about then too depending on the parkway roads

Top Bottom