New Tires

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had 11's on the front of Pam's 6x6 ranger...no difference from 9's...just better flotation. I think you'd be just fine running 12's. If it's too hard to steer, just get Pam to drive for you.

RhinoWhino

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i just dont wanna start breakin ch!t in the front with 12 wides ?? you think 10s would be to narrow in the back??

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Um....I don't think "garbage" is the right choice of words. Obviously they are going after the Zilla market. Can't have a light tire with 2" wraparound lugs....

Haven't seen these SB lites in person but from the pictures i wouldn't even put them in the same class as Zilla's. The Lugs just look tiny.not very wide and not very tall.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen these SB lites in person but from the pictures i wouldn't even put them in the same class as Zilla's. The Lugs just look tiny.not very wide and not very tall.
Gorilla Releases New Tire @ INDY!!!! Google is your freind. 1.125 to 1.25" tread....Zillas are 1.1875 tread. (the smaller Zillas are shorter tread than that) They are 100% going after the Zilla/Mudlight/Mudbug market with this tire.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had Mudlite XL's on my old quad. Had a pile of miles on them and never had a single flat. Great in the snow by the way. Maybe I ride too lightly?? :)

Attachments

• 2008_09132008-Feb-Sept0162.jpg
    2008_09132008-Feb-Sept0162.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gorilla Releases New Tire @ INDY!!!! Google is your freind. 1.125 to 1.25" tread....Zillas are 1.1875 tread. (the smaller Zillas are shorter tread than that) They are 100% going after the Zilla/Mudlight/Mudbug market with this tire.

looks like a comparable tire, deeper, lug cutouts, and some channels in lugs for side hills etc, have to see how they work, price etc.
zillz's have very little sidehill holding power.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks like a comparable tire, deeper, lug cutouts, and some channels in lugs for side hills etc, have to see how they work, price etc.
Compared to what? Put the Crackadoo pipe down! That was the one thing I found about Zilla's I liked over other mud tires like Bugs or Lites was that they held a side line wayyy better...

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

That`s the Keystone bubbling to the top again................................

KawisakiRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought the length of that beast would be what keeping the front down? I'm sure it weight isn't helping either.

Im thinking after this past weekend putting the dalton kit in, those Xlite silverbacks on this xmr, would be just what it needs to wheelie the sucker, got the front end off the ground a bit now, just cant sustain it, or get it any higher... too much weight

Top Bottom