New Tires

RhinoWhino

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what do you guys think of the new ITP Mega Meyham tires ?? or the new Gorilla Silverback X lite ??? Thinking on trying some 28s on the Rhino

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what do you guys think of the new ITP Mega Meyham tires ?? or the new Gorilla Silverback X lite ??? Thinking on trying some 28s on the Rhino
what are you running right now?

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i just bought a set of these. they were pretty reasonable priced to.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey JBB you work at a tire store right? I have a 08 AC 650 H1 that I want tires and rims.....I stopped at kal tire where I deal in Salmon Arm.....it was better for me to go to the local dealership to buy tires.....do you give good deals on ATV tire/wheels?

RhinoWhino

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im running 27" zillas but im in the process of adding the lonestar mid travel kit to the rhino , i wanna go with the same size on all four but would like 28 x 11 x 12 or similar , not sure how 10s would be ??

RhinoWhino

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im gonna stick with zillas but they only come in 28x10x12 and 28x12x12 , how do you think the 10s would look and work ???? i dont wanna put 12 wide on the front because ive been told they would be hard on alot of parts but I want to keep them all the same width

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That new XLite-Silverback looks like Garbage. Everything that made silverback one of the top mud tires has been removed. No more wrap around lugs, no more 2" paddles.

kellyandhislimo

RIP - March 16, 2023
Reaction score
You should put some kinda different tires on that thing, then give me your zillas at a smokin price lol

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They look a lot like the zillas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while working extremely hard

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That new XLite-Silverback looks like Garbage. Everything that made silverback one of the top mud tires has been removed. No more wrap around lugs, no more 2" paddles.
Um....I don't think "garbage" is the right choice of words. Obviously they are going after the Zilla market. Can't have a light tire with 2" wraparound lugs....

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anything with the word lite or light means it's probably junk. I know my 27 Mudlites on my Rhino are garbage.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anything with the word lite or light means it's probably junk. I know my 27 Mudlites on my Rhino are garbage.
Mudlites are junk. Zillas ("Mudzilla light") are a great tire. I'm tempted to try the Xlite SB's....but I'll get another season out of the Zillas.

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mudlites are junk. Zillas ("Mudzilla light") are a great tire. I'm tempted to try the Xlite SB's....but I'll get another season out of the Zillas.

Im thinking after this past weekend putting the dalton kit in, those Xlite silverbacks on this xmr, would be just what it needs to wheelie the sucker, got the front end off the ground a bit now, just cant sustain it, or get it any higher... too much weight

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't understand why so many people say mudlites are junk, they work pretty good on my kvf 700 but i use my quad a lot for work. They are awesome in snow and seem to do alright in mud. If i was only using my quad for bogging i would for sure have more aggressive tires but for all around use they are great.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't understand why so many people say mudlites are junk, they work pretty good on my kvf 700 but i use my quad a lot for work. They are awesome in snow and seem to do alright in mud. If i was only using my quad for bogging i would for sure have more aggressive tires but for all around use they are great.
The tread isn't too too bad...we just found we couldn't keep air in the darn things...always had a hole in 'em. The v-tread does plug quicker than a staggered tread like a Mudbug or Zilla.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have only had two holes (nails) in 2700km and i do a ton of seismic work so i'm always running over stumps and pokey willows.

RhinoWhino

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What do ypu guys think of 28x10x12 on all four ??? ( Zillas ) I wann try to keep all four the same ??

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have only had two holes (nails) in 2700km and i do a ton of seismic work so i'm always running over stumps and pokey willows.
ive change over tons of them at our shop. very weak beads, ive actually seen then blow over the rim well seating. not a fan of them either.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What do ypu guys think of 28x10x12 on all four ??? ( Zillas ) I wann try to keep all four the same ??
RZRGade might have better input as he's a UTV guy....I don't see why it wouldn't work....he runs 30x11x14 all 'round on the super-RZR...

Top Bottom