New Tires...What to get?

gz7

Reaction score
I just bought a Grizz before christmas and it had 28" Mudzillas on it. I would like to put on a little less aggressive tire but I don't have much experience with Quads to start with so I was hoping to get some input from you guys. I have been looking around and thinking about either the Mud Lite XTR, or the Maxxis Zillas. Any experience with these tires or any other suggestions? Most riding will mud, snow, trails. Thanks a bunch.

dirtydodge

Reaction score
I dont have em but a buddy haz the Zillas and they are a good tire , light ish but very aggressive . Work well in the snow and mud . Worked great in Bruel on the sand .We do a bit trail riding around and seem to do just fine . I have the xtr's and they are good as well . My next ones will be the Zillas . Check around for prices , they do vary abit . I hear Alberta cycle has good $ on tires . Worth a ph call .. My 2 cents ....

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have zillas and love them! a lot of my friends and some people on here say that mudlite xtrs are expensive and peices of $hit. then there are people who have had good luck with them... never heard of anyone being disappointed with zillas though!!

bubs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got an 03 Grizz with 27" Bearclaws and I really like them. They're good in the mud and snow and still ride smooth on dry trail as well. Let us know if you find a good deal on tires, the claws need sharpening(I know I know, bad pun...but I had to):beer::beer:

gz7

Reaction score
Thanks Guys, I'm heading in monday, so I'll let you know what I get.

Dadbro

Reaction score
I have only run Maxxis tires on my quads. They are a very durable tire, over 13k on the first quad adn so far over 8k on my second quad. No flats but did pop the bead a couple times but really didnt even notice till I parked the machine.

09xp850le

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
definetly get the zillas! iv bagged the crap out of mine and they show hardly any wear after 3300kms!

blumtn

Reaction score
I run Zillas and like them. They work good in the snow and trails. My other bike runs Bighorns and so does everybody else I ride with. They are heavier and they are a radial tire, where the Zillas are bias.
IMG_0061.jpg

Big Jon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The question that should have been asked is; "What are you going to do with the quad?" That can decide what kind of tire you want to use.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just bought a Grizz before christmas and it had 28" Mudzillas on it. I would like to put on a little less aggressive tire but I don't have much experience with Quads to start with so I was hoping to get some input from you guys. I have been looking around and thinking about either the Mud Lite XTR, or the Maxxis Zillas. Any experience with these tires or any other suggestions? Most riding will mud, snow, trails. Thanks a bunch.

what size of rims do ya have?

Clinebo

Reaction score
Here's what my neighbors Griz looks like after getting a set of 'Executioners'. Spun out and rolled it down the mountain. He climbed the same spot a year ago in better conditions on his old Honda 350 with half bald tires! I had to go on a 'Rescue mission'....:eek:

Attachments

• IMG_0300.JPG
    IMG_0300.JPG
    150.9 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0302.JPG
    IMG_0302.JPG
    162.8 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0301.JPG
    IMG_0301.JPG
    157.6 KB · Views: 106
Top Bottom