New Summit etec dead, no spark.

rapptorracing

Reaction score
Started up my '16 800 today, started first pull, ran 15 seconds then quit. Couldn't restart, pulled plugs and they were dry (injectors not firing) and no spark. Seems like the system has shut down. Anyone have any ideas? Maybe it threw a code or something. Reset the computer? It only has 10 hrs and 65% break-in remaining.

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quite a few reports about this happening. Some are saying if they hold throttle on very slightly it fires up. Not sure if it's related to the fuel hose recall or the new mapping issue. Doesn't look like a solution yet other then the throttle slightly on. Hope that helps you.

rapptorracing

Reaction score
I checked the 5 amp fuse on right side, didn't see any others (no e-start). I tried starting it with part throttle but it didn't fire. I don't know how that would effect spark or injectors firing though I didn't pull plug and confirm no spark.
Maybe I can reset the ECM somehow, I might try disconnecting gauges.

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seen one new etec where the injectors wires weren't plugged in all the way and came out. Should check ALL conectors.

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im sure that you already checked, but, did you try jiggling your tether to make sure that it was making a good contact?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rapptorracing

Reaction score
Yeah pulled the tether off and on a few times, the d.e.s.s. Doesn't have a actual connection.

The injectors are plugged in plus there is no spark.

It's starting to get pretty boring hanging out in Golden for the holidays with new sled waiting for dealer to open Tues :'(

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah pulled the tether off and on a few times, the d.e.s.s. Doesn't have a actual connection.

The injectors are plugged in plus there is no spark.

It's starting to get pretty boring hanging out in Golden for the holidays with new sled waiting for dealer to open Tues :'(

Ahh that would totally suck ! if u checked all connectors , fuses and such - could be anything from failed stator , partially unplugged harness , tether harness , ---- on and on - electrical issues - suck !!!!!!

trailblazer

Reaction score
****ty....assuming you checked and fiddled with the kill switch???

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

c.wilson07

Reaction score
Feel your pain also spent a trip sitting around with new machine while others rode. voltage regulation was messed up on mine kept burning up coils. I guess it's part of the ecu. new computer and coils and has been good ever since.
If there is no spark trade wires with another machine if still no spark coils are toast

rapptorracing

Reaction score
So I got my sled into the shop today, they connected to their laptop and could push a button and plug wire would fire, but when pulling starter there was no spark. After 2 minutes of thought mag side coil burnt up. Faulty ECM voltage regulator is suspect. New ECM and coils on order.

Feel your pain also spent a trip sitting around with new machine while others rode. voltage regulation was messed up on mine kept burning up coils. I guess it's part of the ecu. new computer and coils and has been good ever since.
If there is no spark trade wires with another machine if still no spark coils are toast

rapptorracing

Reaction score
Motor Tech in Golden got the new ECM and coils overnight and installed today so sled is running and I will put some miles on it tomorrow. I would like to thank Motor Tech for the excellent service getting me going quickly and hassle free, I for one will be stopping in there more often. I will will update this thread if anything else arises otherwise I'll be out for a rip.

Top Bottom