New style MDS weights.

08dmax

Reaction score
Have any of you tried out the new style mds weights. Herd they made some changes. Any info would be great.

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have any of you tried out the new style mds weights. Herd they made some changes. Any info would be great.
They look exact same as mine on the website. Not sure what they redesigned. If anything they needed to figure out their low elevation weighting. Even with maxed out weight (74grams) and required spring I was over reving when home in the prairies.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They look exact same as mine on the website. Not sure what they redesigned. If anything they needed to figure out their low elevation weighting. Even with maxed out weight (74grams) and required spring I was over reving when home in the prairies.

really? i didnt find this in sask, i needed a extra washer and a different spring here (the one steve suggests for 1500 ft) but i found they were useless at 9000 ft. couldnt rev over 7800 even with no screws in them.

I really cant believe the black pink secondary spring would have solved all my issues, the 600 pro uses it 0-10,000 ft soooo why does the 800 need a to change to it?

There is turbo plates, maybe you need those?

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
really? i didnt find this in sask, i needed a extra washer and a different spring here (the one steve suggests for 1500 ft) but i found they were useless at 9000 ft. couldnt rev over 7800 even with no screws in them.

I really cant believe the black pink secondary spring would have solved all my issues, the 600 pro uses it 0-10,000 ft soooo why does the 800 need a to change to it?

There is turbo plates, maybe you need those?

What Steve told me and I've tried so far:

Regina, SK - 110-290 in Primary, and I max out the MDS weights (big bolts used with washers, can't remember how many grams total) and couldn't stop it from over reving. So never rode at all.
Revy, BC - 100-340 in Primary with 66.5 grams total in MDS weight

What combination do you use in SK that works for you?

Do you mean the black-purple 160-240 in the secondary for areas like Forester (really high elevation)?? I think that will give you an extra 200 rpm top end or so, compared to the stock 155/222, but I haven't had the mountain issues for RPM or backshifting so I kept that stock.

I don't have a turbo, runs locked on at 8150 in Revy, but I actually went back to stock primary spring (140-330) and 68 grams for Regina because even maxing out the MDS weights I hit 8500 instantly, so that had to change.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What Steve told me and I've tried so far:

Regina, SK - 110-290 in Primary, and I max out the MDS weights (big bolts used with washers, can't remember how many grams total) and couldn't stop it from over reving. So never rode at all.
Revy, BC - 100-340 in Primary with 66.5 grams total in MDS weight

What combination do you use in SK that works for you?

Do you mean the black-purple 160-240 in the secondary for areas like Forester (really high elevation)?? I think that will give you an extra 200 rpm top end or so, compared to the stock 155/222, but I haven't had the mountain issues for RPM or backshifting so I kept that stock.

I don't have a turbo, runs locked on at 8150 in Revy, but I actually went back to stock primary spring (140-330) and 68 grams for Regina because even maxing out the MDS weights I hit 8500 instantly, so that had to change.

here is what steve gave me..

Tip
Hex, washer
Center
short bolt ,washer
Or go to 110/290 Polaris primary spring( which I would suggest.)

0-2000ft.
110/290 Primary spring
TIP- Hex, washer
CENTER-Short drilled out bolt

3-6000ft.
100/340
TIP-short bolt, washer

6-9000ft.
100/340
TIP-short drilled out, washer

9000ft.& up
100/340
TIP- short drilled out or if not high enough rpms move to center.
This is baseline that has proven very reliable.
Hope this helps.

i run the hex with washer in tip, drilled bolt with washer in middle, a white epi spring 125/280. Way cheaper than the polaris and i can pick one up at rec supply any time, polaris has to order me a 110/290. on prem setting i pull 8200-8300.

yah for 8000 ft and up you are suppose to put a black purple secondary spring in. I didnt and a 2014 pro with a bmp pipe didnt and both of us had rpm issues. The polaris dealer in cooke had 8 black purple springs sitting in the store.....probably for a reason haha.

Top Bottom