New sled info

GrizzForce

Reaction score
I'm looking at buying a new sled but need some help on my final decision. I am currently looking at an 800 SB assault and the 800 pro R LE switchback. Both sleds are 2013 and are longer tracks then I have ever owned before. But I find myself spending a lot more time looking for untouched areas to ride then looking for bumps and jumps as in the past. What everyones preference? My main concerns are that the assault is a 144 and I will notice the push a lot on hard pack corners. But I don't really like the lack of tunnel for spare gas on the pro r. Any input will help.

:beer:Thanks:beer:

snownmud

Reaction score
Website
www.snowcheckdirect.com
What sleds have you owned before? Sounds like you've already decided. If you get a chance to ride an assault, i would do it and see how it feels to you. You can't really go wrong with either sled, but I think you'll find the longer track on the assault won't be as noticeable in cornering as you think and it will allow you to "touch" more of the untouched areas as well as give you a tunnel to store gas and stuff. I'd go with the Assault, but that's just my $ .02
I'm curious as to what others have to say though.

GrizzForce

Reaction score
I currently have a 600 sp and a 600 xp. I have had many different types prior to this but all have been 121's. Thanks for your $0.2

talkinghamster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i too would also go with the assault. once you find some untouched stuff you will really appreciate that 144 track and you might not want to go back on the trails :D

Sprint5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Switch to DOO. You can get a 2008 136 renegade 800 for $5000 if you are looking at buying a used sled. Thats what my brother did. They are good in powder and on trails as well.

GrizzForce

Reaction score
I can get a 2009 800 renegade for $4500. Drove a 2011 gade for a full day a couple weeks back and was not impressed. Had a lot of vibration in the handle bars, ate a $200 belt with less then 700miles on it and the power was less then impressive.

Thanks for your input though

GrizzForce

Reaction score
tried the assault and loved it. Guess my decision is made. Gonna snocheck next week

Top Bottom