new riders looking for place to learn and play

KFresh

Reaction score
Has anyone been out to Atlas recently? Heading out to the pass tomorrow to start getting learned. I'm a complete newbie to all of this, so any info would be awesome. Still can't track down trail passes either.. Anyone know of where to get these?

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been out to Atlas recently? Heading out to the pass tomorrow to start getting learned. I'm a complete newbie to all of this, so any info would be awesome. Still can't track down trail passes either.. Anyone know of where to get these?

Trail passes should be selling at the Husky Mohawk in Coleman beside the Subway, not sure if they are charging yet because they are not grooming yet that I know of. Snow might be a little skinny at Atlas yet to go riding, might want to give it a couple weeks.

07summit

Reaction score
Kfresh if you do end up going to the Pass can you post what you find. I'm in the same boat as you, a rookie just trying to figure all this stuff out but it's proving hard to do with the lack of snow so far!

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We might be down that way next week for a shakedown/road ride if they get some more snow. If any of you guys want to tag along, fire me a PM.

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I was out at some of the staging areas last Friday. Corbin had 8" in the parking lot, Atlas has 2" and Alexander had 3" (at the top of the first hill). The logging road at Atlas was still plowed.

KFresh

Reaction score
Ended up at Coal creek, and it was incredible. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355154325.634252.jpg

blubbles

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How was getting in there? Im in the exact same boat as you guys, a newbie looking for some play areas.

1BIGBADSLVRAM

Reaction score
Plan on coming for a ride this Sunday, just looking for some trails to test out the 2nd sled I picked up. Will be coming from the north down 22, where's a good place to stage at?

KFresh

Reaction score
How was getting in there? Im in the exact same boat as you guys, a newbie looking for some play areas.

Easy! Just head past crowsnest (coming from Calgary)- about 20 min down you'll see a turn off for coal creek road. Hang a left and follow it down. First staging area was on the right, across the railroad tracks. It's the first right you can take- cant miss it. To get way up, it's about a 30km ride in, but there's plenty to work with along the way.

KFresh

Reaction score
Easy! Just head past crowsnest (coming from Calgary)- about 20 min down you'll see a turn off for coal creek road. Hang a left and follow it down. First staging area was on the right, across the railroad tracks. It's the first right you can take- cant miss it. To get way up, it's about a 30km ride in, but there's plenty to work with along the way.

My bad- coal MOUNTAIN turnoff.

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you're willing to drive a little farther, the Lumberton area at Cranbrook has lots of snow and is good for beginners as well as challenging areas for the more advanced. The club should be grooming this week so trails will get smoothed out.

KFresh

Reaction score
If you're willing to drive a little farther, the Lumberton area at Cranbrook has lots of snow and is good for beginners as well as challenging areas for the more advanced. The club should be grooming this week so trails will get smoothed out.

Awesome. Good to know. We're heading out again this weekend, so we might punch it a little further to check it out :)

Weirboondocking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are out of Fernie and run sled clinics. send me a pm for more info but would be happy to point you in the right direction

Top Bottom