New quad

Drako99

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Okay so the gf wants a quad now.

She is looking at. 500cc size or around there. 4x4 and there are 2 that have her attention. A griz and 500outlander XT

Anyone have any suggestions or feed back?

She is working with an 11g budget and most of our riding is trails with some mud/skeg

jaredvh

Reaction score
I love the power of my Outlander but my Grizzly was definitely a much nicer to ride quad and more reliable!

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
take her to check out the 550 XP Polaris, we've got on our deck, her dad's got one, and several others we know have them and are quite happy with them, and are more than likely well under her budget.

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ran a 700 grizz for yrs and now an 800 outty and the outty seems to be a much more stable machine grizz rode pretty lite in the front end when climbing where as the outty seems to stay planted alot better when u want it to
the grizz was a great reliable machine but after riding the outty now even if the power was equal I would definatly choose the outty again

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
take her to check out the 550 XP Polaris, we've got on our deck, her dad's got one, and several others we know have them and are quite happy with them, and are more than likely well under her budget.

definatly worth a look as well

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love my outty 500 3300+ mile zero problems and very stable,but you should try them both I don't think you can go wrong on either and yes the polaris 550 is a great bike to.

recguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did she look at the 450 eps kodiak? Pretty nice machine for a real decent price. Just saying.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Okay so the gf wants a quad now.

She is looking at. 500cc size or around there. 4x4 and there are 2 that have her attention. A griz and 500outlander XT

Anyone have any suggestions or feed back?

She is working with an 11g budget and most of our riding is trails with some mud/skeg

If Her budget is 11g then she might wont to get some thing bigger.... maybe a 1000?? Lots of good deals out there. Tell her to go big.... then you can always enjoy it to.

Drako99

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If Her budget is 11g then she might wont to get some thing bigger.... maybe a 1000?? Lots of good deals out there. Tell her to go big.... then you can always enjoy it to.
I got my Rzr to pull her out when she gets stuck haha
But I guess a bigger quad wouldnt be a bad thing in case she needs to pull me out.....

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buy her a Ranger 500, I just bought one and I love it! It goes through way more then my brute force. And it rides smooth and it's around the price your after.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I might have a grizz for sale. :d

While the Grizzlies are awsome machines, they are also one of the tippiest I've seen due to their high ground clearance, light weight and plush suspension - really sucks for side hilling. Of course, some wheel spacers might solve that problem. The maintenance on the Sprotsmanis just too damned high for my liking ...just don't trust 'em at all, but really nice ride otherwise as long as you relocate the rad (those 850's always seem to be the first to overheat). I've seen a coouple of first time women riders just rock on Jim's 400 Outty, so one with a little more power to yank out your Razor might be just what the doctor ordered.

SLICKSTER

Reaction score
if your on a budget, its almost impossible to beat the bang for the buck with a polaris 500, tried, tested, and true.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I might have a grizz for sale. :d

While the Grizzlies are awsome machines, they are also one of the tippiest I've seen due to their high ground clearance, light weight and plush suspension - really sucks for side hilling. Of course, some wheel spacers might solve that problem. The maintenance on the Sprotsmanis just too damned high for my liking ...just don't trust 'em at all, but really nice ride otherwise as long as you relocate the rad (those 850's always seem to be the first to overheat). I've seen a coouple of first time women riders just rock on Jim's 400 Outty, so one with a little more power to yank out your Razor might be just what the doctor ordered.

The first to overheat is always a grizz..............lol The 850/550 have the biggest best rad on any stock quad........
You could fit two and a half griz rads in an XP rad....lol
The 550 XP is your bike,best 4x4 system,most stable and rides the best..........AND the the front end stays planted so the front wheels do their job........

Drako99

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
She's now between :
650 outlander
750 brute force
550 griz

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
She's now between :
650 outlander
750 brute force
550 griz

do the outty. i have the brute and buddy the griz. the outty is an awesome machine. imo

Yeah, I think JBB's got it. That 650's got more Jam than a Griz 700 and is a lot more sure footed especially for a less aggressive rider. I love my Grizz, but I couldn't picture buying one for a girlfriend unless she is a kick ass rider just cause they roll so easy. If I'm not mistaken, the CanAm's have one of the best warranties too.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The first to overheat is always a grizz..............lol The 850/550 have the biggest best rad on any stock quad........
You could fit two and a half griz rads in an XP rad....lol
The 550 XP is your bike,best 4x4 system,most stable and rides the best..........AND the the front end stays planted so the front wheels do their job........

Hahaha, sometimes Gizz's overheat first but only cause they can go deeper.

I have a poo-poo sitting in my garage so I had to run oht and measure rads just in case I could prove you wong. Damn it, you're right, the 850's is prob close to 2" wider! Doesn't matter though, they're so fragile, it's almost impossible to clean them properly. I can hold the pressure washer a half inch from my Grizz rad without damaging it but have bent fins on the Sportsman rad just spraying through the grill.

Sent from my SGH-I757M using Tapatalk 2

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't get the 550 grizz. Omg hard on gas. The ones I have seen. Way harder than any of the big bores.

sent from my htc

Top Bottom