New phone.

funtimes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So a couple of weeks ago I was eligable for a phone upgrade with my provider. After hearing all the good things and hype about the I phone, i got one. Well I love it !!!:d:d:d I did have a Blackberry, but did not use it to its full potential, so it ended up being a waste.

My question is, Does anyone know of or have any "Must have apps ? " or any very usefull ones they can share...

I have the Important ones, TSN and Score, and a few others..

Cheers...

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
there is an app RK used at Docs New years party.... it's a level bubble. Ron was able to show norm how every picture in his house was not plumb.....not sure how anyone with an I-phone could go without that one......

amunro

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Kijiji app is good if you are a kijiji junkie like myself. I also have Yellowpages it comes in handy all the time, The Weather Network (weather eye) app rocks you can have multiple cities and just slide it over to the next city, I travel alot and this is app is great.
Sound hound is the better music app that listens to the song and tells you what song it is, The Sirius app is good to if you have sirius, it lets you listen to sirius sat radio anywhere, oh and the snocross app game from 2xl kicks ass

funtimes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there is an app RK used at Docs New years party.... it's a level bubble. Ron was able to show norm how every picture in his house was not plumb.....not sure how anyone with an I-phone could go without that one......

That one came with the phone installed. I have used it a few times.

Deasoninc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is an Avalanche update app through MEC and the Canadian Avalanche Center. Here is the link

And best of all its free!! Also the weather forecasts that it provides are very accurate.

Cowboyup083

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So a couple of weeks ago I was eligable for a phone upgrade with my provider. After hearing all the good things and hype about the I phone, i got one. Well I love it !!!:d:d:d I did have a Blackberry, but did not use it to its full potential, so it ended up being a waste.

My question is, Does anyone know of or have any "Must have apps ? " or any very usefull ones they can share...

I have the Important ones, TSN and Score, and a few others..

Cheers...

Which provider do you have? I want to get one but not sure which to go with Telus or Rogers. Both have the pros and cons about them.

Jenkie

Reaction score
There is supposed to be one for your remote car alarm / starter if its a Viper - you can lock, unlock, etc etc, and start your vechicle with the app instead of the remote. Supposed to work well.

funtimes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Which provider do you have? I want to get one but not sure which to go with Telus or Rogers. Both have the pros and cons about them.

I am with Bell. I know lots of people have had issues with them, I have seen the posts on this site. I have not had an issue with them at all. My wifes work phone is with bell as well, and the same with her, she has had no issue with them as well. Bell runs off Telus towers which works better if you travel a lot. That was one of the main reasons I went with them so my phone works in Nordegg at our familys cabin. And I was with telus long ago and hate them still...

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the FML app.... The Texts From Last Night App....

Also, google how to make your own ringtones. I make my own that way i get the part of the song i want, instead of the lame part thats usually on ringtones. AND! I save 5 bucks each time :D

Top Bottom