New Owners (Peaks Lodge)

gypsy_rider

Reaction score
Hey,
Sounds Like Peaks Lodge Should be a gooder this year. You have the pub & fuel there, ride from the door what else could a guy ask for, the new owners sled to so they can relate to what we need.

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: New Owners

Hey,
Sounds Like Peaks Lodge Should be a gooder this year. You have the pub & fuel there, ride from the door what else could a guy ask for, the new owners sled to so they can relate to what we need.

Sounds like I may be staying at the Peaks now.Heard they needed a new owner.But if they are sledders that support the industry they will get my support.Thanks for the info

Cheers,
Dave

SLEDHEAD 900RMK

Reaction score

Sound like the old owner still has his finger and toes with peaks. So all the old rules and crap from before still will be thier.:(:nono:That the word i heard in Revy this weekend. Unless someone heard something better. Let use all know.

Prairie Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Don't get on my back for this........but I stayed at the Peaks 3times and each time I never had a problem with the old owner. He was very accomadating to me and never gave me any grief. Food was great, trail from the lodge was usually groomed when I went and if it wasn't it wasn't that rough.

Awesome restaurant right across the highway and secure parking. What else can you ask for????

Mtn-guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Well here is hoping things turn around there, used to be good place to stay. The thing to remember for us sledders is to make sure and support the places in town that support the SRS...

sabercat2599

Reaction score
Well we stayed at peaks and the service was excellent. I never heard any bad stories untill I got home on here. It is convenient when you can walk out the door hop on our sled and gas up. The owner was polite and we never had any problems. Maybe we were lucky.

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last yr. we stayed there and had a good time. Another bonus is that one of the guys in town rents machines from there as well. We just met him in the lot in the AM machine was ready to roll and bought our trail pass from him and head up.

Going again leaving sat. so hopefully they get some snow so we can use the trail.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just talked to Peaks. New owners have taken over. Very nice lady on the phone. Very helpful and accomadating. I will give it a try next time we go.

clifford the big red dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well it all sounds very good and maybe trevor isn't around, has anyone tried driving down the ditch past the peaks, because the ditch should be highway property right, and if the trail is groomed and I have a trail pass and ain't staying at peaks will they let me pass will see. I hope it all works out we can alway use another good place to stay

sabercat2599

Reaction score
Last year It cost us $115 per night for each room and that was for 3 rooms and the rooms are joined in the middle with a common living area. The $15 a night for the hot tub was worth every penny as well.

SLEDHEAD 900RMK

Reaction score
So the cost Was $15.00 a night extra over the $115.00 a night. Or was that in the cost of $115.00. And was it for a amount of time. I was in that set up last year a another sledder and his wife I knew stayed their. Had two beds in each room and I think it had four seperate bedrooms. Good for a bunch to stay. Hope new managers are ok.

mater

Reaction score
I don't like the way that you have to pre book the hot tubs. Last year I did pre book, they screwedup and i wasn't on the list. Eastertime and days of loooong riding and my back was screwed up. FOUR EMPTY hottubs and I cant use ANY of them:realmad: Had to beg someone who had a key for a soak! Chef quit on them so no restaraunt or even breakfast. Our group all used to enjoy the Peaks but way too ch!tty attitude for us.
They have SOLE rights to the trailhead WTF (no Sledshed, Smokey Bear, or locals allowed.) Heard he assaulted a girl who came down the trail and crossed the highway. If the previous owner is involved in ANY way...Just say NO to the Peaks....Lifes too short for BULLCHIT:rant:

Last edited by a moderator:

sabercat2599

Reaction score
The hot tub cost $15 extra per night and you had it for the full day or 24 hours. Thinking back now we only had the hot tub 2 of 4 nights because they had double booked it. That wasnt good.

tool_man

Reaction score

Sound like the old owner still has his finger and toes with peaks. So all the old rules and crap from before still will be thier.:(:nono:That the word i heard in Revy this weekend. Unless someone heard something better. Let use all know.

Nothing has changed......the only thing good about staying at Peaks is the restaurant across the highway Great White North is awesome!

Darko

Reaction score
Website
www.caseydarke.com
Is the OLD owner still involved in anyway, and have the Peaks givin any sponsorship dollars to the Revy Club or the SRS ??

I know bucks are tight these days, but if they are not sponsoring the club or SRS they wont see a dime from my crew or myself. If they are, I will be happy to support them and stay there.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is the OLD owner still involved in anyway, and have the Peaks givin any sponsorship dollars to the Revy Club or the SRS ??

I know bucks are tight these days, but if they are not sponsoring the club or SRS they wont see a dime from my crew or myself. If they are, I will be happy to support them and stay there.

The girl I talked with said the old owner is still there while they change hands but that is it. She told me her and her husband bought the whole deal out right. They were working hard to try to get ready for the sledders, she seemed very eager to accommodate us in anyway. As far as the sponsorship thing that I don't know, she did mention something about working with the club or someone about grooming but don't quote me. If they treat me the way I was treated on the phone it will be the only place I stay.my 2 cents

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
Congrats to the new owners and I am looking forward to riding over for lunch after work one day. The Peaks will be selling trail passes for the SRS so grooming can be done out to that entrance same as last season and I hope all the others out that way will be purchasing memberships again.
Looking forward to working with Alek and Tara-Lee, so glad to see them opening the place up and welcomming everyone again. :beer:

bergy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well we stayed at peaks and the service was excellent. I never heard any bad stories untill I got home on here. It is convenient when you can walk out the door hop on our sled and gas up. The owner was polite and we never had any problems. Maybe we were lucky.

I agree, we stayed there last year and never had any problems. Everyone was nice and did everyting they could to accomidate. Seemed ok to us. As sabercat said "maybe we were just lucky".

Top Bottom