New Nytros finished

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Found the deep snow. Now to go for the STEEP:eek: hill.

He found a couple of steep ones this weekend, just stayed off the BIG steep ones:nono:. Just think of the cash you saved not having to buy parts trying to outdo each other, LOL

all-4-stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sick sleds man!!!! cant help but noticing the skis though.... are they thems simmons twin runner skis? if so how do u like em? thinkin bout a set for my nytro but havent found any feedback at all on em

tapex

Reaction score
sick sleds man!!!! cant help but noticing the skis though.... are they thems simmons twin runner skis? if so how do u like em? thinkin bout a set for my nytro but havent found any feedback at all on em

Yes they are. The sim gen I skis are not a good idea for the nytro. To be quite honest, they are terrible, I hated the new nytro with the gen I ski.:realmad: The gen II's work really well and initiate a side hill well, they dont dart all over the trail like stock skis and are really smooth, but steering is a little heavier on the simm's compared to stock. I didn't want to buy another pair of skis so I ended up puttin the stock skis back on mine and now I love the sled.:d Some guys have said they keep the gen II for the deep days and run the stockers the rest of the time (makes sense to me). I suppose if u were running on hard packed / groomed trails all the time the gen I would work really well, but in the chopped up stuff and the fresh stuff it would dive under the snow and pull all over the place.

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if u dont mind me asking , how much does a sled like that cost?

Without knowing much about his particular build, heres the ballpark.

$15k sled
$7k turbo
$3k tunnel?
$1k seat
$500 skis
$1000 paint/graphics?
$3k rear skid
$1k front end

I'm likely missing a bunch of stuff but you get the idea. Oh and I didn't look not sure he has the skid and front end, but lots of guys do....:eek:

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
15000$ SLED
5000$ TUNNEL
3000$ FRONT AND REAR SKID
700$ DECALS
1000$ SKIS
1300$ FRONT SHOCKS
9000$ TURBO, CLUTCHING, BOOST GUADGE STAGE 2 KIT.. ALL THE GOODIES

thats a rought guess.. but lets say 45,000.00$ - 50,000.00$

mine will be all added up roughly 35000. thats minus a tunel and a full wrap. and a few other things..

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah.. something like 20g not an exact price. but all installed and clutched and stuff.

thats a brand new sled and turbo setup tho.. im sure there is cheaper out there

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there are alot that are being dumped used with low km. if your looking to get a turbo sled thats what i would be looking at. take advantage of someone who has already taken the big hit. and when your buying a machine like that when someone has spent 50,000 on the sled they take damn good care of them.

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there are alot that are being dumped used with low km. if your looking to get a turbo sled thats what i would be looking at. take advantage of someone who has already taken the big hit. and when your buying a machine like that when someone has spent 50,000 on the sled they take damn good care of them.

good to know thanks!

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a shiny new 162 SE all turbo'd up in the showroom for about $25K. Turbo sleds run from about $19K new. To buy something like mine new you would be around $45K. There is a long list and lot's you don't see for added reliability and longevity, not just performance. You can also build it in stages, suspension and track upgrades one season, turbo another etc. but it does cost a little more doing it in stages. The 4 strokes are very durable so you can keep the sled for a few years and keep improving it. There are some good used deals, some not so good, install is a big part of a good sled. I saw a real nice $50K sled getting sold because the guy was a little frustrated with his turbo choice. Can't remember the brand but it wasn't an MC.

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a shiny new 162 SE all turbo'd up in the showroom for about $25K. Turbo sleds run from about $19K new. To buy something like mine new you would be around $45K. There is a long list and lot's you don't see for added reliability and longevity, not just performance. You can also build it in stages, suspension and track upgrades one season, turbo another etc. but it does cost a little more doing it in stages. The 4 strokes are very durable so you can keep the sled for a few years and keep improving it. There are some good used deals, some not so good, install is a big part of a good sled. I saw a real nice $50K sled getting sold because the guy was a little frustrated with his turbo choice. Can't remember the brand but it wasn't an MC.

whats the weight for the nytro turbo'd like?

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The new stocker is 540 dry. Not sure on mine, it's less but power to weight is all that matters :d

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man there are lots of sleds around that u can pick up used with low KM on them for cheap. maybe a couple thousand more then a new one. all done up.

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The new stocker is 540 dry. Not sure on mine, it's less but power to weight is all that matters :d

ABSOLUTELY:d
But don't let the numbers on paper fool you on the Nytro!!! They ride great & handle better(or easier) then an XPee. I have ridden both & have the Doo riders on mine & they loved it. I have had Cat riders take a spin on mine before it was turbo'd & they thought it handled great & felt alot lighter in the Pow than they expected. You don't have to keep it revved right up to carve up the Pow.:d No, it won't highmark as a stock unit, but it will last forever. If you want to & can afford it........the sky is the limit with these!!!

RN:beer:

Top Bottom