New Groomer at Long Lake

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thought I would show a few pics of my groomer and drag. I started this last year at Long Lake and it has grown into quite a process. I love to snowmobile and

really like riding on groomed trails. The folks at the lake appreciate my efforts and I do receive some nice donations for fuel and parts.
The Parts guy will remain nameless, Thanks Mitch
See you on the trails
Don
002 [1280x768].jpg 004 [1280x768].jpg 001 [1280x768].JPG

Last edited:

Wyeth

Reaction score
TX for the pics, looks like you can get a ride in , is their more snow on the pipeline, ( the weather is sure nice ! ) December's have been bleak for past few years, but any snow is better than none !, Gonna hit the trails tommorrow ! going to meet up with Norm Y. for a run.

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To the groomer motor heads
The A/N 2009 Rhino has 4200 + km and about 400 hours, approx 1000km with the tracks on, the question I have is regarding the diff's. I have used Bell Ray 80 90 in the machine since new and have had "0" issues with them, seals are great, no play in the axles etc. But now with the extra weight and heat while grooming is this oil still a good mix for this application? I stop and check the temp often while grooming, Most of the time I can leave my hand on the cases, some time it's warm but not over 100 deg.f, never see steam coming from the case when I put snow on it. Does this oil "shear" and devalue with the pressure of the heat and weight I'm pulling
Thanks Don

Jan 6
Well drained the oil today, slightly discoloured, no metal that I could see.
Belray 80 90 went back in

Last edited:

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good question Don. Some (like me) would not think about oil breakdown from increased load in a UTV. Hope you get a good reply.

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes Glen
for the minimal cost to change the oil you would not want to wreck a 3000 dollar diff. I checked the oil on sunday, still red and no smell, just like new.

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a few pics of the Packer and I put the groomer in as well. I think this is a must do when it comes to building a trail, I can tell where I didn't pack as much, thats where the moguls show up first.
I built the frame out of thin wall tubing for a reason, when you hit some thing hard like a tree or stump the hitch will bend a bit and not hurt your pulling unit. I speak from experience. Also it's light, that thing weighs about 50 lbs., and you will want to put some kind of weight in it during your packing process, the top pic shows the culvert trimmed up a little nicer, and if you want to move it around and it's full of logs, cement blocks, snow etc. alll you have to do is tip it over and all the crap in it falls out and it's 50 lbs again. Keep it Simple I always say, and less strain on your back.
Hope that helps
Don

007 [1280x768].jpg 008 [1280x768].jpg 001 [1280x768].JPG

Last edited:

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was out at the lake today and put about 70 km on the groomer,
and these are the things you get to see when you out there!!
See you on the trails
Don:eek:

002 [1280x768].JPG 003 [1280x768].JPG

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hi cat
Yes, approx 2 km south of the open gate that leads to the lake
They don't look that big in the pic, but they are huge when your within 200 meters.

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi I live in Edmonton and we have ASA trail passes.Where could a person buy a trail map for your area and how many km's of trails are in your area?

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi DD
At Long Lake we are Renegades, no passes, just come and have some good family riding fun. Go to Western Canada Riding Section and click on N.E. Alberta look at my thread Riding at the Lake 4th addition. There is an old Husky map on page 3 I think.
Go to the First boat launch down at the Park Lots of parking there. . Off load, "0" your odometer in the parking lot, go out onto the lake, point north, travel 3.8 km north,
heading toward the east side of the lake you will find an opening in the bush on the shore line that's the start of the groomed trails. Go and have fun, there's lots of off shoots on those trails.
There is approx. 1000km of sysmic trails in this area, I've be here since 1982 and still haven't been on them all.
There is also the Long Lake Ski hill and the ice fishing is pretty good now as well.
Go to Google map and open up LL it may help as well
C U
Don

Last edited:
Top Bottom