new gps

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got unlock code when I registered but that was for computer d/l to unlock backroads computer version...on a better note my download worked and installed, unlocked code worked computer up and running. Download came with mapsource v4..burnt it onto dvd.

you don't need an unlock code with the card, it will work in all garmin gps that will accept the card format, without any locking. i don't think it will let you copy the info to another card though. to bad you where not closer, i would give you a hand. and i know all about your frustration. i would phone them direct if you can, e-mail for me is beyond frustration when lookig for this kind of information.

have you installed anything else on the montana, like download maps from your computer? other than just inserting the chip card.

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought city navigator and topo maps fir western canada...but they're both on separate sd card...haven't installed anything, just take out one sd and put in another...awfully frustrating love the gps but was hoping for simple plug and play

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought city navigator and topo maps fir western canada...but they're both on separate sd card...haven't installed anything, just take out one sd and put in another...awfully frustrating love the gps but was hoping for simple plug and play

man i hear ya. anything more and i'm screwed. you ight just have a problem with the card, these just came out in the last few months. i'd be calling backroads directly. as far as i know you can only run one card at a time? so don't think that is the issue. you could pull the card, and try the topo map card and see how it works. or if your closer to red deer i could try my card, see what happens if the phone calls don't help. at least you would know if it was the card or the montana that was giving you the problem.
for my money it is the card or a setting, hell there has to be a zillon settings on these.

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
man i hear ya. anything more and i'm screwed. you ight just have a problem with the card, these just came out in the last few months. i'd be calling backroads directly. as far as i know you can only run one card at a time? so don't think that is the issue. you could pull the card, and try the topo map card and see how it works. or if your closer to red deer i could try my card, see what happens if the phone calls don't help. at least you would know if it was the card or the montana that was giving you the problem.
for my money it is the card or a setting, hell there has to be a zillon settings on these.

I think your right, all my other cards work no problem....ya and these settings one wrong click and the whole works are pooched.

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just heard back from backroads...they said it either shows up as title numbers like mine or brmabbc-v4....ans the extras was under the where to icon...all good! Whew....thanks for help imdooin and abranger really appreciate it.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just heard back from backroads...they said it either shows up as title numbers like mine or brmabbc-v4....ans the extras was under the where to icon...all good! Whew....thanks for help imdooin and abranger really appreciate it.

cool i just found mine in the recreation mode. yes all it takes is one button. but i did that and hit the restart and it all came back, man i was happy. thought i was buying new again. i'll check the where to button.

hey no problem, i'm learning too, not very fast though.

Last edited:

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow man lots of extras!! Looking forward to getting on the quad and hitting some of these trout ponds in bc with the flyrod! Done most of the alberta ones...But still a few need to explore. Theres was one I was at with father in law and his buddies on a quadding trip but none of them fished..I almost cried at this pond when we came upon it and there were 2' trout swimming around my feet and no rod, but for the life of me I cant remember the name of it...

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow man lots of extras!! Looking forward to getting on the quad and hitting some of these trout ponds in bc with the flyrod! Done most of the alberta ones...But still a few need to explore. Theres was one I was at with father in law and his buddies on a quadding trip but none of them fished..I almost cried at this pond when we came upon it and there were 2' trout swimming around my feet and no rod, but for the life of me I cant remember the name of it...

happy happy happy

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
stars arent aligning trying to get down to the bow for some early season fishing...but cant get a break at work...still early i guess and getting off topic ,sorry

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
don't think the roads are good for driving today anyway. lol

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats the truth

this has been one of those winters that may go down in the record books, big snow before christmas , then none jan feb, big melt last of feb and first couple weeks of march, now back to winter again. i'm so wanting for winter to go. just want to get out camping, quadding, may try some geocacheing, maybe some fishing. definitely have a cold beer or two, and have some laughs with the buds.

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
your more than welcome up at our camp anytime...little bit of a drive for ya (look on your extras on backroads and find timeau ohv) where highway 661 and timeau rd y thats beginning of our property got 42 acres but....we got everything on your list but im a crown royal man myself some weekends wifes come sometimes its just the boys. ill shoot a pm next time we go see if your interested.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cool, we are out most of the summer, west of rocky or caroline, .

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So went quadding up at my camp today for first trip with gps to do some trail maintenance. ..took my time did all my way points named them all the same as our trail heads. Got home plug in my gps to computer, opened mapsource and transferred from device and all tracks show up but none of my waypoints are showing up. Everything thing else is showing up every time I turned around or backed up its on there, kinda convoluted but tried the track erase tool but some of the tracks I delete, deletes a whole line from somewhere else....kinda gotta be careful I guess. Would like to find my waypoints !!??

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Question,
If I buy a new Montana 600,, will the backroads B.C. maps SD card work from an older 62s? (lets say the product is registered..)

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would say yes, be older version that you have for your 62. My backroads map is v4 for my montana. If its registered might get lucky and be able to update.

Top Bottom