New Gear that won't Break the Bank

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a second set of riding gear. Yeah kind of sounds stupid or a waste of money but I have an older sled back home and it would be nice just to have some riding hear down there as well.

I ride with Klim now and it has been great. Not what I would call as "cheap" riding gear though.

I love the klim and have heard great things about motorfist but I think they are just over kill for what I need. Anyone use anything cheaper or have any recommendations? I don't know my klim gear will likely last me for years to come. Maybe quality would be a good method then just never buy again. Well as long as I don't balloon in weight I guess!

One big question is boots. I haven't bought a pair of sledding boots for 8 years! What are the popular ones? Last pair I bought with the Renegades from (ok I don't remember who made them back then). They have been great though.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a second set of riding gear. Yeah kind of sounds stupid or a waste of money but I have an older sled back home and it would be nice just to have some riding hear down there as well.

I ride with Klim now and it has been great. Not what I would call as "cheap" riding gear though.

I love the klim and have heard great things about motorfist but I think they are just over kill for what I need. Anyone use anything cheaper or have any recommendations? I don't know my klim gear will likely last me for years to come. Maybe quality would be a good method then just never buy again. Well as long as I don't balloon in weight I guess!

One big question is boots. I haven't bought a pair of sledding boots for 8 years! What are the popular ones? Last pair I bought with the Renegades from (ok I don't remember who made them back then). They have been great though.

hmmm I have an idea! How about Non current Klim or Motorfist from a dealer. They are marked down in price, so you still get quality but at a more affordable price? I'm sure dealers in Edmonton have stuff like that on super sale. I don't have any Non Current motorfist, but I do have Noncurrent Klim left.

For boots, We love the Motorfist stompers in this house. We wear them like everyday boots though, and then use them for sledding. Only buy one set of winter boots! They are resole-able too! The soles are super tough, but in the event you shred them for around 30 bucks ish you can resole them. Easy peasy. Love em... So does our entire family.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its a little bit of a drive but worth it, Camrose Arctic Cat has a bunch of non current Motorfist stock left over from the sask sled show that marked down, they had crazy good prices. Go see Tim, you'll be happy:)

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In my years of sledding I have found that a guy should just buck up and buy the good stuff first. It's cheap then buying a few cheap pairs then buying the more expensive ones later on.

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hmmm I have an idea! How about Non current Klim or Motorfist from a dealer. They are marked down in price, so you still get quality but at a more affordable price? I'm sure dealers in Edmonton have stuff like that on super sale. I don't have any Non Current motorfist, but I do have Noncurrent Klim left.

For boots, We love the Motorfist stompers in this house. We wear them like everyday boots though, and then use them for sledding. Only buy one set of winter boots! They are resole-able too! The soles are super tough, but in the event you shred them for around 30 bucks ish you can resole them. Easy peasy. Love em... So does our entire family.
My stompers are badass, also check the motorfist recession line, not as good as the rekon but still amazing stuff and comes with great warranty

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
gearhead.com Motorcycle, Snowmobile, and ATV Parts & Accessories

horrible horrible service

excellent prices (specially on last year's stuff)

picked up a pair of MF boots from them for $150 (was on sale) .. pretty stoked on the boot (wore them today for the first time) and the price .. but they were a little too big, tried to reach out to them to exchange for a smaller boot, never heard back. so I'm just gonna make due with thicker foot beds

they have last year's MF reckon jackets and bibs for $180 .. can't go wrong! Just make sure you get the right size.

Last edited:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
gearhead.com Motorcycle, Snowmobile, and ATV Parts & Accessories

horrible horrible service

excellent prices (specially on last year's stuff)

picked up a pair of MF boots from them for $150 (was on sale) .. pretty stoked on the boot (wore them today for the first time) and the price .. but they were a little too big, tried to reach out to them to exchange for a smaller boot, never heard back. so I'm just gonna make due with thicker foot beds

they have last year's MF reckon jackets and bibs for $180 .. can't go wrong! Just make sure you get the right size.

might have to check this out!

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if its for non mountain riding, i use arctiva stuff when its cold, its warm and not to expensive, Fly Racing has snowmobile suits this year and they are very cheap........

Top Bottom