New drinks

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have a potluck every September long weekend at our family lake lot. Last year a lady made home made black Forest cake but used the moonshine cherries in it..... It was fantastic!

that would be interesting. Those cherries have some serious kick.

They discontinued Moonshine Cherries! I'm gonna frigg'n miss those things. :(

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
July 14, 2015 posted in Recipes [h=1]How to Make Cherry Moonshine[/h]
HTM_Cherry_Moon_medium.jpg
Looking for an easy way to step up your moonshine game? Look no further than this cherry moonshine infusion recipe. Ideally this recipe would be enjoyed during a lovely summer evening on the front porch watching fireflies. I’d venture to guess this recipe will still taste fantastic in the middle of a city, and if you shoot a couple down and squint your eyes hard enough the city lights might just look like fire flies.
[h=2]Cherry Moonshine Recipe[/h]This cherry moonshine recipe was crafted with the goal of having loads of sweet cherry flavor. It has great versatility and can complement many different cocktails or simply be served in a mason jar. Follow the recipe below and impress your friends and family as this recipe rocks the socks off any other cherry infusion out there. Start with the basic cherry moonshine recipe and then take the cherry shine to the next level with some optional recipe variations as well as some mixed cocktail ideas.

Gather the goods:
• 1 pound of fresh red cherries. If you can find pitted, that works best but unpitted works fine too.
• ½ cup of cherry juice
• 1 cup sugar
• 750 ml of moonshine (Everclear or vodka are good substitutions)
• ½ cup water
• Mason Jars
• Large Bowl
• Potato Masher

Start With Cherry Simple Syrup

• Place 1 cup of sugar and ½ cup water and ½ cup cherry juice (adds flavor and color) into saucepan on medium heat.
  • Let sugar dissolve and turn into a syrup liquid.
  • Once completely mixed, place in Mason jar and set aside.

Next Add The Moonshine

• Place cherries in a large bowl.
  • Muddle cherries slightly with potato masher. ( At this point its is optional for you to pick out the seeds in order to save the cherries for eating once infusion is finished.- long and tedious process but worth having the atomic cherries to serve as garnishes)
  • Add simple syrup and alcohol, and cherry juice into bowl of cherries. Mix carefully.
  • Separate all ingredients into individual jars. Make sure that cherries are distributed evenly and liquid content fully submerges cherries.
  • Seal Jars.
  • Place jars in a room temperature environment with little to no access to direct sunlight.
  • The longer you wait for moonshine to infuse the better this shine will taste. We suggest waiting about a year for ample taste.

When infusion time has passed, strain with mesh or muslin strainer so that you can filter all seeds and skins. Save the cherry bits and place back into the jars and serve as desired.

[h=2]Moonshine Cocktail Recipe Ideas[/h][h=3]Cherry Moonshine Limeade[/h]Ingredients

• 3 oz limeade
  • 3 oz sprite or lemon lime soda
  • 1 oz fresh squeezed lime juce
  • 2 oz cherry moonshine
  • Ice Cubes
  • Lime Slices
Place in glass and garnish with lime and muddled cherries.
[h=3]Cherry Pie Moonshine Shot

Ingredients[/h]
  • 1 oz Cherry Moonshine
  • 1 oz Vanilla Vodka
  • .5 oz of almond simple syrup
  • 1 oz whipped cream
Place cherry moonshine, then vanilla vodka, and almond simple syrup in glass.
Top with whipped cream and cherry garnish.
Making great tasting cherry infused moonshine truly has never been so easy.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The father inlaw emptied the choke cherry tree, crab apple tree, and saskatoon bush in the yard in the fall, added vodka and canned 'em... waited til xmas and wow. the next year WOW. They caused a few good laughs!

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was a shelf full of them at that store. I mix it up when getting that stuff. I almost prefer the white lightning because I just mix it with cplus. Works well.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
For the Cesar lovers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a distillery in Saskatchewan that makes the dill pickle vodka too. I have a friend that SWEARS by it for her ceasars

Top Bottom