New Cummins or new Duramax?

GrizzForce

Reaction score
Teth try hiding your fob under the truck if you don't like riding with it. There is a special distance that it will not let your door unlock.

Denali

Reaction score
And ford's less fuel tank space with 20 l of def there

Might wanna crawl under that ford to see where the def tank is. It's not part of the fuel tank. It's behind the rear axle drivers side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might wanna crawl under that ford to see where the def tank is. It's not part of the fuel tank. It's behind the rear axle drivers side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bull sh!t, mabe a new one, but a 2011 to at least 2013 it's in front of the rear axle and behind the fuel tank

Takes at least 25 l from the capacity of the fuel tank

drunkukrainian

Reaction score
Any recommendations for dealerships to deal with? I guess GM is $7k off now and according to the website tonight, Ram is 1500 cash bonus, 0% financing and free Cummins. Sounding like a pretty good deal to me...

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Best New Car Prices in Canada. Free Dealer Invoice Price. | Unhaggle has worked well for me in the past. You get competing offers from a handful of dealers in your area, just click the one you like best! It does cost $100 for the service, but IMO that tells dealers you are serious and they actually give you their best offer.

Southtown Chrysler is hard to beat for price/service. Adam Sand and George Skaf are good guys to deal with.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Nothing rides like the ram 1500 with the 4 wheel air ride suspension... And my tow capacity is 10,000lbs.... Pretty awesome. The truck can be lowered 2" for loading stuff, or raised up to 4" for rough roads, but lowers if going over 70kph.... Best riding truck I've ever driven, and I've driven them all..... My 2 cents
P.s. There are 4" lift kits just available recently for the air ride suspension..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RhinoWhino

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya you're right, my 2014 has the def and fuel tank in one unit, 98l of diesel and 25l of DEF on my shortbox.

Hmm , i had a titan tank installed in my 2014 and I dont think there was a def tank with it . 190l of fuel in the stock location now

Last edited:

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nothing rides like the ram 1500 with the 4 wheel air ride suspension... And my tow capacity is 10,000lbs.... Pretty awesome. The truck can be lowered 2" for loading stuff, or raised up to 4" for rough roads, but lowers if going over 70kph.... Best riding truck I've ever driven, and I've driven them all..... My 2 cents
P.s. There are 4" lift kits just available recently for the air ride suspension..

Dodges look pretty but from what I've seen with our work fleet they don't hold up near as well as our chevs and fords. That's in a half ton of course, I'm pretty sure the Rams are one of if not the toughest hd truck there is. But this thread is about the diesels so the air ride suspension is kind of irrelevant isn't it?

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Diesel truck or gas??

That would be a diesel, I have a titan tank in my 2012 crew sb f350 that holds 190L as well DEF tank is in stock location. I read somewhere that the reason they did this was about weights. Trying to manipulate numbers etc, dry, wet, loaded, payload capacity. Pisses me off I had to spend $1500 on a titan to drive more than 500km with 1 tank of fuel.

GrizzForce

Reaction score
They are self leveling when box weight is added and also have a button for trailer leveling. Works pretty sweet. I took my travel trailer receiver that was set up for a different truck which sat way lower. Put it on the new truck and the front axle of the trailer was almost off the ground due to hitch height difference. Hit the button the truck dropped and the trailer was perfectly level. Truck looked like it had 10ton of weight in the box however but it did level. :d

Top Bottom