New Canadian Tire store South Common

nast70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had to pick up some stuff from my usual CT store in Southpark only to find it closed and moved to the new spot in SC. Had to check it out.
Wow, 2 floors of awsome! All the usual stuff plus a new gun counter and a cool escalator just for shopping carts. Its way more spread out than a usual store, but they are still stocking it im sure.

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are just starting construction here on a new store as well. The store they have now isn't very old. Blows my mind that they are building another one. They may as well start selling groceries and take over walmarts market share.

I often wonder how much profit these stores make with all the overhead, I heard the average power bill on a grocerie store is about 30k a month. Combine that with the cost of the huge building and real estate, employees, shipping etc. How much profit is there on a socket set there selling on sale 70% off?

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
<snip>

They may as well start selling groceries and take over walmarts market share.

Genius, pure genius... the little woman could be grocery shopping and I could be shopping for stuff I don't even need. Not kidding I have things from CT a bought 30 yr's ago I still haven't used, I had a CT addiction.

B-Mac

Reaction score
They are just starting construction here on a new store as well. The store they have now isn't very old. Blows my mind that they are building another one. They may as well start selling groceries and take over walmarts market share.

I often wonder how much profit these stores make with all the overhead, I heard the average power bill on a grocerie store is about 30k a month. Combine that with the cost of the huge building and real estate, employees, shipping etc. How much profit is there on a socket set there selling on sale 70% off?

Where is the new one being built in GP?

tiger666

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You should have a garage sale I'd go for sure
<snip>

Genius, pure genius... the little woman could be grocery shopping and I could be shopping for stuff I don't even need. Not kidding I have things from CT a bought 30 yr's ago I still haven't used, I had a CT addiction.

Top Bottom